dream bikes! Fictional or hopefuls
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dream bikes! Fictional or hopefuls

dream bikes! Fictional or hopefuls

While I'm at work sometimes I daydream about motorcycles. What are some bikes that would make you do just about anything to own? What bikes would you make if you were in charge of your favorite manufacturer? I will list some hypotheticals from my favorite motorcycle companies. I have a lot of these hypotheticals thought up in my head. I would make room in my garage for any of these.

Ducati XDiavel with the V4 they are using in the new Panigale
    Yamaha V-Max bagger
    Honda Super Naked with the V4 rumored to come out in a new sport bike (think to compete with the KTM Superduke and Tuono)
    Suzuki Busa motor in a sport tour package

If one of those top three I listed were going into production, I would start saving.

What are your mythical beasts?
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

The one that has 2018 Penthouse Pet of the year on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    The one that has 2018 Penthouse Pet of the year on the back.
    AMEN brother
    ITS ALL GOOD

All of the bikes you mentioned sound great, and all would be even better with a Penthouse Pet. Myself, I'm only one winning Power Ball ticket away from buying a Motus which is the real bike I'd most like to have.

What I'd like to see is Honda get back into the muscle bike business with a modern Valkyrie with classic motorcycle looks, 6 gears, 160-180HP, heated grips, cruise, ride modes, anti-lock but non-linked brakes, all day comfort and available as a naked, bagger or bagger with tail trunk and frame mounted fairing. I love my F6B but it's not 21 years and 300 cc faster than my Valk and it should be.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    All of the bikes you mentioned sound great, and all would be even better with a Penthouse Pet. Myself, I'm only one winning Power Ball ticket away from buying a Motus which is the real bike I'd most like to have.

What I'd like to see is Honda get back into the muscle bike business with a modern Valkyrie with classic motorcycle looks, 6 gears, 160-180HP, heated grips, cruise, ride modes, anti-lock but non-linked brakes, all day comfort and available as a naked, bagger or bagger with tail trunk and frame mounted fairing. I love my F6B but it's not 21 years and 300 cc faster than my Valk and it should be.
    I like the Valkyrie idea!

Did a 3 day'er last weekend. A few Harleys insisted on a "test" run. They wanted to test what they had Hurd about the B.
    They didn't say a word afterward. Just looked at the B out of the corner of their eye the rest of the ride.
    They said "thats the first time I've ever had it to a hundred". I let off at 100 too. A hundred yards ahead!
    ITS ALL GOOD

Im not sure Harley cold make a bike I would like...... maybe a V-rod bagger if hit had 160hp.......

I guess the average member here is A) out riding, not daydreaming at work (like me) or B) not ever planning on another bike besides another full blown touring rig. I'm definitely going to add another bike to the stable at some point. The B is a little to big for my everyday commuting needs. Oh well, back to dreaming.

OK, I'll bite: I'd like a naked GL1800 sport bike. Ergos of the CB650F would work. The F6C tried to be a cruiser but ended up halfway between cruiser seating and neutral/straight up seating. I'm digging the F6C but I think the slight rake tweak is a mistake. It is easy to throw around but doesn't hold the line as well as the F6B. The F6C seems to be tough on the front tire, similar to the FJR. It may sound like apples and oranges but you can almost feel the front tire wearing when you corner with the FJR or the F6C.
    My other wish would be covered by the 2018 Wing Tour with a quick friggin release tour trunk. I've owned Harleys and I loved the quick release stuff. Not to be found on the GL1800s. At least they went ride-by-wire and upgraded the front suspension.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I don't know if any have seen this or whether it has been discussed already. But hmmm?? Would need to see what actually happens. Would be hard to imagine Honda making anything resembling the 2014 Valk after the dismal sales. new valk.jpg
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"