M.....D Windshields
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M.....D Windshields

M.....D Windshields

Does anyone have one in the darkest tint? If so, could you post a few pics?

I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Perfect. Thank you. Still trying to get over the gap n brackets but it's not horrible. Does the actual windshield buffet or shake at high speed?

No buffet, no shake, awesome windshield.

Dan, do you have any leftover Mad5tad outer shields from your B? I'm using a clear 11 and thinking of going to a tinted 13.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I have had three. First a 17 in med grey and it was too tall and too dark for my liking. Got a 13 clear and it was perfect. Now have raised the seat and bars so got a 15 in clear, had it custom made two inches wider also. The size is great but setting back away from the shield more now makes for a little, very little turbulence. Still convinced that clear is the way to go. The lower part is really dark but small so the top part if dark will really block the view because you do need to look thru it often. Plus the clear kinda disappears somewhat so does not stand out at all. It does not shake or move around at all and is pretty good in the rain. I do look over it but so easy to duck down behind when riding in the rain. Keep moving and stay dry for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I have had three. First a 17 in med grey and it was too tall and too dark for my liking. Got a 13 clear and it was perfect. Now have raised the seat and bars so got a 15 in clear, had it custom made two inches wider also. The size is great but setting back away from the shield more now makes for a little, very little turbulence. Still convinced that clear is the way to go. The lower part is really dark but small so the top part if dark will really block the view because you do need to look thru it often. Plus the clear kinda disappears somewhat so does not stand out at all. It does not shake or move around at all and is pretty good in the rain. I do look over it but so easy to duck down behind when riding in the rain. Keep moving and stay dry for the most part.
    How tall are you?

6' 2" I have found the shield works good if you look over it a lot or a little. The design of the air moving up between the two shields is a good one and I think we will see more of the two piece shields in the future. Already stock on Can Ams and I think the new GW also.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    6' 2" I have found the shield works good if you look over it a lot or a little. The design of the air moving up between the two shields is a good one and I think we will see more of the two piece shields in the future. Already stock on Can Ams and I think the new GW also.
    I'm the same height and I had my stock seat customized up and back. I currently have the large Clearview shield and I'm pretty happy with it but I'm wanting to pick up some Heli Bars and I think they will hit in the configuration I want.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    No buffet, no shake, awesome windshield.

Dan, do you have any leftover Mad5tad outer shields from your B? I'm using a clear 11 and thinking of going to a tinted 13.
    Sorry Jim, I put the ------- on my 2015 Wing when I sold the F6B. I use the 12" dark smoke seen in the pictures on the Wing and although still have the 13" Clear, I never use it.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Sorry Jim, I put the ------- on my 2015 Wing when I sold the F6B. I use the 12" dark smoke seen in the pictures on the Wing and although still have the 13" Clear, I never use it.
    Thanks for the reply, Dan. I guess I'm off to buy a 13" dark smoke screen.

Interesting: I see 11, 13, 15, and 17" for F6B but 12, 14, and 16" for Gold Wing. I'm not sure why there are two versions but they do look a little different from each other.
    Riding the upward spiral.