Rocky Mtn trip

Thread: Rocky Mtn trip

Rocky Mtn trip

I leave balmy south Florida next week for the high ground. We are trailering to Denver, then riding north to Wyoming and Montana, with a potential eastern swing into the Black Hills. Riding days will be about 10, at 300-350 miles per day with a couple layovers.
    We will hit some iconic roads: Trail Ridge in Rocky Mtn Ntl Park; Chief Joseph Scenic Byway; Beartooth Hiway; Going to the Sun Road (Glacier Ntl Pk). We are taking camping gear just for fun. I will be riding my 2015 F6B, but my friends will have a RoadGlide, a Victory and a Yammi Stratoliner. If anyone has any good ideas please let me know.

Poudre Caynon is a nice scenic ride just Northwest of Fort Collins CO. Follow the river up to The Mish and enjoy a burger n beer.

Lolo Pass just west of Misoula is a great ride. In the Black Hills Iron Mountain road (Montana Highway 16A) is an absolute must.

Have a great time
    Az Wingrider

Black Hills great rides include:
    --Needles Highway
    --Iron Mountain Rd
    --Wildlife Loop in Custer State Park
    --Nemo Road and Vanocker Canyon (drops down into Sturgis, but is best ridden up the canyon out of Sturgis)
    --Spearfish Canyon
    --Road from BelleFourche to Alladin to Devils Tower to Moorcroft

You already listed Chief Joseph Hwy and Beartooth -- these are absolute musts that should not be missed!!!!!

To get to Cody, you might consider riding through the Big Horn Mountain in northern Wyoming. Beautiful country with lots of geological insights. Buffalo to TenSleep or Sheridan to Greybull or Lovell (NOTE: Major construction on a 10-mile stretch from Burgess Junction to Greybull).

Trail Ridge Road is magnificent, but there are just too many cars on the road these days. Try to cross early morning.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Where do you park the tow rig when your riding?
    ITS ALL GOOD

Lolo Pass and Hwy 12 one of the great MC roads. I was a;lone most of the time on that road. Amazing scenery...I rode 12 from Glendive to Richland WA.