Hit again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hit again

Hit again

Just had my 2nd bike accident. Got rear ended on Rt195 in New Bedford, Ma. Traffic slowed, guy behind me didn’t. I was doing around 50, he hit me at 70. Bike is totaled. I’m in the hospital but will heal. I think this is the end of my riding days. I’ve been hit twice, not my fault. Doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards for me. Maybe I’ll change my mind, time will tell. Be safe out there. I couldn’t change what happened to me, but keep that head on a swivel.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

WJ,

Sorry to see that but thanks for posting as it serves as a reminder that many cagers are driving with cranial rectal inversion. As a retired motorcycle officer I learned a long time ago to keep my all roving especially while stopped and to leave myself an opening that I can escape from. Speedy recovery and God speed.

Defiant77

Sorry to hear this Wayne. I hope you heal quickly and fully.

Highway riding in traffic is the worst. Too many people in a hurry and the rider has very little control over the situation.
    Highway traffic is why I stopped riding several years ago but I was fortunate in that I didn't get hit, only experienced close calls.
    I started riding again once I could completely avoid the highway traffic.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hopefully the rest of us will avoid highway traffic.

I never rest when stopped till one vehicle behind me has stopped first. I flash my lights continually when one is approaching and I am stopped. Also having a strobe brake light is a good thing.

Sorry to hear that. My wife and I were broadsided on our bike a few weeks ago. Totaled the bike. My wife has a broken left shoulder and broken left foot. Came real close to her losing her leg from knee down but she's past that now. Her foot still has 6 months recovery and leg about a year. The woman that hit us ran a stop sign and came through 2 lanes of stopped traffic and hit us going the other way. She has the Illinois state minimum insurance of $25,000. After all of this we are done riding also.

You guys all ride safe
    Roger

Have a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

Glad to see you're still typing, get out of hospital soon and keep enjoying life buddy!

Sorry to hear this. I hope you have a speedy recovery. It took me years to get back on a bike after being hit by a car.

Very sorry to hear you got injured Wayne. I hope your not in much pain and have no lasting injuries.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.