Hit again - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hit again

I just told my wife about your accident. You will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Good luck to you

Very sorry to hear this news, Wayne. Hopefully you're out of hospital soon and enjoying the rest of your summer and good things ahead.

Thank you all. I'm home. Battered and bruised. One slight back fracture but as of now no surgery. I can barely move, but I can't sit still all day either. As I said, this is my 2nd time getting hit. First was a broadside on my right ankle. I rode again and that's how I got my F6B. This one has me thinking that my chances have been used up. We'll see, never say never. All I can say is enjoy it, but man, be careful. It's the only extra thing I have in my life besides work, so this will be tough Life will go on.
    I have pics, but trust me, you don't want to see them. It's amazing that I survived, honestly.
    Last edited by wjduke; 07-15-2018 at 05:59 AM.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Thank you all. I'm home. Battered and bruised. One slight back fracture but as of now no surgery. I can barely move, but I can't sit still all day either. As I said, this is my 2nd time getting hit. First was a broadside on my right ankle. I rode again and that's how I got my F6B. This one has me thinking that my chances have been used up. We'll see, never say never. All I can say is enjoy it, but man, be careful. It's the only extra thing I have in my life besides work, so this will be tough Life will go on.
    I have pics, but trust me, you don't want to see them. It's amazing that I survived, honestly.
    Keep moving through the pain. You'll heal faster but don't over do it.
    Hope everything turns out ok for you.
    The first time I rode a bike I was looking for an escape route the whole ride. That never went away.
    I rode for 45 years before my first accident. It was my fault.
    I think I'll give it up in a couple years and trade it in on a motor home.
    Not gonna stop exploring. Just gonna do it on 4 or 8 wheels.
    Heal fast friend
    ITS ALL GOOD

Really sorry Wayne. Hope you heal fast & smooth. Stay in touch!

Neither was my fault. I wore gear 99.9% of the time. Only once in a while no jacket. I got a bigger bike, flashing brake lights, bright gear...it points to me loving it, but just have the worst luck. I have to look at the big picture. I thought I was one and done. Not telling anyone what to do. I might even come back. Have to give it time at this point. Love the site. Will be around!

So sorry for your troubles... 2x accident like that is just terrible. Prayers for healing!!