Having completed a 6200 mile trip on the B. Everything went very good, except for one little hitch...Highway 159 north out of Torrington, WY...the road has no posting, starts as asphalt for 25 miles, then gravel..no biggie. GPS says 12 miles to the next turn. So we are tooling along, already several hours into the ride up from Denver. Wife is on her HD, behind me. We come to a tar section and a bridge, tar is to protect the approach of the bridge...All go so far

I cross the bridge and hit the gravel again, except this is not gravel as I have ever known. It is silt and about 6" deep. Wife come rolling by me like a raped ape, I hollered to slow down as she is tank slapping left/right and keeping the Hog upright. We finally get stopped and said wtf is this, we tried to roll forward, but no good. We were stuck in the middle of 1oo degree heat and not a person in sight...

So after a bit of wrangling around I got both bikes back to the hard gravel...I was shaking like a leaf as I was exhausted and then I see we need to drive 30 miles back and start again.

Here is where the world gets strange...About ten miles back fdoe the road, I see a light or two headed our way. No mind you this is no where Wyoming...as this light approached us, I see it is another bike, not any bike, but a F6B..unreal. So I stop and waved the guy down, he is in tennis shoes and shorts with full face on. I said I hope you have a magic carpet with you or I suggest you turn around.

He asked is there a place to turn around a ahead, I laughed and said nope turn around here in the road. He looked like a lost puppy, so I offered to turn his bike around, in stepped his ego..I can do it myself..Fine and off we went. Rolled back into town and see the same guy, not sure how he got around us, but he was there first.

He looked at us, jumped on his bike and off he went. Never saw him again...

Moral of the story, always trust the technology, just question the road surfaces.