Road warning: Wyoming 159 North of Torrington DO NOT take ever

Thread: Road warning: Wyoming 159 North of Torrington DO NOT take ever

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was not so lucky last year. Following one of my Harley freinds,didnt know he was lost. We turned down what seemed like a good road. About 5 miles in it goes to sand with no warning. It was also rutted( I hear that is done by the state to keep it relatively safe during our winter - not sure of that as fact) Played hell with the suspension and I am frustrated but thinking this cant go on. We come around a corner and there is a car stopped in the middle.My buddy stopped. I have no choice but to stop but did it with the bike unbalanced. Got it stopped but put my foot out and it slipped in the sand. Down we go. Got the bike up with a little help from the driver went around him and a couple miles later back on asphalt.No damage as the bike was fully stopped and I tried to hold it as it slipped over...Note to self,if it turns to sand or gravel turn around first opportunity....

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I was not so lucky last year. Following one of my Harley freinds,didnt know he was lost. We turned down what seemed like a good road. About 5 miles in it goes to sand with no warning. It was also rutted( I hear that is done by the state to keep it relatively safe during our winter - not sure of that as fact) Played hell with the suspension and I am frustrated but thinking this cant go on. We come around a corner and there is a car stopped in the middle.My buddy stopped. I have no choice but to stop but did it with the bike unbalanced. Got it stopped but put my foot out and it slipped in the sand. Down we go. Got the bike up with a little help from the driver went around him and a couple miles later back on asphalt.No damage as the bike was fully stopped and I tried to hold it as it slipped over...Note to self,if it turns to sand or gravel turn around first opportunity....
    And never use Apple maps on your iPhone. It WILL get you lost every time.
    Was headed west out rt 30 back in the 70's and the pavement just ended. It dropped about 8" and turned to stone. DEEP stone.
    We went sliding and spinning around. Luckly we were in a car. The stone sounded like it was tearing the car up.
    We came to a stop and laughed for a while. Then got pissed when we looked at the damage the stone had done to the paint.
    Sand and big bikes don't mix!!
    ITS ALL GOOD