After a 11,000km trip, my fave accessories are... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After a 11,000km trip, my fave accessories are...

GaTeach
    FOBO tire pressure monitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm currently on the last leg of a cross-Canada/US ride. Yellowstone, Mount Evans CO, Moab UT, Mendecino, Redwoods CA, North Cascade and Winthrop WA, Okanagan, Revelstoke, Lake Louise and Banff, back to Canada at Detroit. 11000 km of trouble-free riding with 3500 km more to go. I love my Cardo G9 and use my water resistant Samsung G7 to navigate. Extra luggage fit in a GIVI 47 litter case. 14 years ago I did a similar trip on a ST1100, but my 13 F6B is the way to go.

My favourite and has been for over 35 years my Dash
    And a second my Sheepskin seat cover, My bottom smilesIMG_0044.jpgIMG_0046.jpg
    I was born with nothing and shore got a heap of it left

4230 on this trip and only issue was broken valve stem in Moab. Got to spend the night in Monticello UT, back on the road next morning. I think the favorite accessories were the Airhawk cushion on the Corbin that allowed me to do those 225 mile runs on the way home without butt discomfort and the Sena20. Had RAM mounts for gps, phone, and drink holder. Mostly used gps but that caused some issues in Denver where it got us turned around. Don had real maps and we worked it out after a little frustration. Rode with Don and Jeff and they had close to 7k with no issues

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    4230 on this trip and only issue was broken valve stem in Moab. Got to spend the night in Monticello UT, back on the road next morning. I think the favorite accessories were the Airhawk cushion on the Corbin that allowed me to do those 225 mile runs on the way home without butt discomfort and the Sena20. Had RAM mounts for gps, phone, and drink holder. Mostly used gps but that caused some issues in Denver where it got us turned around. Don had real maps and we worked it out after a little frustration. Rode with Don and Jeff and they had close to 7k with no issues
    Did you do a thread about your trip? I’m so interestesed in hearing if it went like you wanted it to when we talked at Delaware Water Gap. I saw Jeff’s pix from the rally on Fb. Amazing. Rick was talking about how y’all rode at the co rally. All the way in Cherokee. Legendary. Lololol

No thread.....I picked up bike in Tacoma after finishing Alaskan Cruise which was awesome. Rode from Tacoma to Moab in a day and a half (Those 80-85 mph western hi ways helped). Somewhere north of Moab the valve stem starting failing and I nursed the bike to Monticello UT where there was a Honda dealer. Had to stay overnight but he got me fixed first thing in am. Met Jeff and rode western side of Rockies for day then pulled into Cortez Saturday night to meet the folks. Rick from Value Accessories gave away some prizes and I won the tire gauge! Next day we took off and did roads up through Aspen and Continental Divide. Stayed in Buena Vista CO that night. On to Pikes Peak next day and made it all the way up (there is a story there as I have been afraid of heights since childhood). Anyhow made to the top and got the sticker. Beautiful ride along North Platte River plus some dirt roads got us into Parker where my son lives. Jeff & Don did Natl Park and Mt Evans the next day. Last day in CO we did the Peak to Peak ride and ended in Estes Park where we started for home. Kansas was a blur but in MO we got off interstate and ran into "Steve McQueen Memorial Highway". Interstates got us home Sat night. 4320 miles for me. Was an excellent all around trip. Thanks to my riding partners Jeff & Don and a nod to Honda for making the best bike that handled interstates, twisties, mountains, dirt and every other condition we ran into without issue.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    No thread.....I picked up bike in Tacoma after finishing Alaskan Cruise which was awesome. Rode from Tacoma to Moab in a day and a half (Those 80-85 mph western hi ways helped). Somewhere north of Moab the valve stem starting failing and I nursed the bike to Monticello UT where there was a Honda dealer. Had to stay overnight but he got me fixed first thing in am. Met Jeff and rode western side of Rockies for day then pulled into Cortez Saturday night to meet the folks. Rick from Value Accessories gave away some prizes and I won the tire gauge! Next day we took off and did roads up through Aspen and Continental Divide. Stayed in Buena Vista CO that night. On to Pikes Peak next day and made it all the way up (there is a story there as I have been afraid of heights since childhood). Anyhow made to the top and got the sticker. Beautiful ride along North Platte River plus some dirt roads got us into Parker where my son lives. Jeff & Don did Natl Park and Mt Evans the next day. Last day in CO we did the Peak to Peak ride and ended in Estes Park where we started for home. Kansas was a blur but in MO we got off interstate and ran into "Steve McQueen Memorial Highway". Interstates got us home Sat night. 4320 miles for me. Was an excellent all around trip. Thanks to my riding partners Jeff & Don and a nod to Honda for making the best bike that handled interstates, twisties, mountains, dirt and every other condition we ran into without issue.
    How did the shipping go? As expected???

I saw ZZ's pix on FB. What an amazing trip for y'all. Colorado is just unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    How did the shipping go? As expected???

I saw ZZ's pix on FB. What an amazing trip for y'all. Colorado is just unreal.
    shipping went well. I had some initial concerns but it worked out ok. Funny, when I went to pick up bike there were two other riders picking up their Harleys after shipping back from Sturgis. They said they do it every year.
    If we knew you were going to Cherokee, we might have been persuaded to stop there!