Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
I have Elite 4's and like them, but reading through your post, I have to agree. I do like the handling through turns, as when I ride, I try to get off of highways, looking for lots of backroads and corners. I will say I have hit some tar snakes and noticed much more of a loose feeling with the E4's, even though I didn't attribute it to the tires, just didn't make the connection. I'm at about 10,000 miles and need to replace them very soon. I don't want to come out and call Bullshit on everyone claiming 19,000 and 20,000 miles on tires, but I just don't see how this is happening. The only thing I can think of is the area ridden (better pavement), slower speeds, not much acceleration? I've never been close to 20,000 miles on a set. I would love to know the secret. I check my air pressures almost everytime I get on the bike. Running 42 rear and 41 front.
I have 14k on my rear e4 at the moment. I am leaving for stugis next week and visually it looks like I will have enough tread, however, like you I have never had a tire last nearly this long on any of my other bikes. It definitely makes me nervous knowing how many miles are on this tire but then I peek under the fender and try to believe what I am seeing. I am on the fence about replacing it early (simply to ease my disbelief) or letting it ride. Have a week to decide.....