That's about right.

Thread: That's about right.

That's about right.

Buddy of mine took a trip from P.A. to Ohio with 9 other bikes, 9 Harleys and a Victory altogether, 4 of the Harleys broke down including my friends Road Glide Ultra. I miss my F6B.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

lol lol lol

That's almost 60% brake down ratio with the HD's, a bit better than it was a few years ago. Any idea what the total repairs were?

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    That's almost 60% brake down ratio with the HD's, a bit better than it was a few years ago. Any idea what the total repairs were?
    My buddy's Road Glide Ultra stopped shifting so he was able to get it in 1st gear but the Harley dealer was 30 miles away so he had to slowly go. He couldn't pull the clutch in for some reason after that so when he came to a light he would duck into a gas station and do circles until it changed. Got to the dealer and they were short one part so they went upstairs and got the part from the used bikes for sale. Finally, off he went and testing out the gears winds up getting a speeding ticket even though he had a PBA card. I was laughing so hard I had to hang up, will get the rest of the stories when I speak to him.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

taxfree = go deals to be had on used B's = hopefully you've still got all your goodies

That's "GOOD DEALS"

I usually carry some non-metric tools to help stranded HD riders when I can. In the past two weeks I've stopped to help two but couldn't do anything for either one. First was an old Buell (I like Buells) with some kind of an ignition problem. Last one had an electrical problem and seemingly a failure of fuel to get from one side of the tank to the other. Last year I helped a lady whose front header pipe had come loose from the motor.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

I keep two small zipper pouches in my F6B with an extensive amount of tools. Not Honda tools, as it came with none. But for my
    riding friends who are on ... well, you know.

Decades ago, when I first started riding, the guys riding HD's would have to have a chase truck w/ tools, parts, a trailer & lots of clean rags to clean the oil off their face shield or googles. Now they have cell phones to call for help.