I’ve put about 2k miles on my first set of Dunlop Elite 4 tires and I do not like them as well as the Bridgestones that came on the bike. I had tried almost all available tires on my 2002 GL1800 and had concluded years ago that my preference was the Bridgestones, but I thought I’d give the Elite 4s a try.

Observations:
—A slight wobble in the 35-50mph range. Not significant, but you can definitely feel it. My OEM Bridgestones were Rick stable at all speeds throughout the 10,500 miles I put on them.
—Really bad on tire snakes. That was one of the things that I did not like with the Elite 3s so I was hoping the Elite 4s would be better. They aren’t. Hot tar snakes make for a scary feeling. Bridgestones were much better.
—Too much movement on grooved pavement (grooves parallel with the direction of travel). Makes the bike move around to much. Never had this issue with the Bridgestones.
—Handling. The F6 handled great in curves with the Elite 4s. Felt very stable in twisties, high-speed sweepers, and rolling down the highway (if not grooved). Rode a little on damp/wet roads and they seemed to handle the water well. 107 deg temps no problem (except for the tar snakes). Handling as good as but no better than the Bridgestones.
—Expect that the Elite 4 mileage will exceed the Bridgestones, but we shall see. My previous experience with Elite 3s resulted in better mileage than Bridgestones, but the Dunlops also cost more than the Bridgestones.

So, as of right now I expect I’ll go back to the Bridgestones when the Dunlops need to be replaced. My assessment of the Bridgestones is that they provide the best overall characteristics and value for GL1800 bikes.

Your results may be different, but these are my impressions.