2014 GL1800A Black Out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 GL1800A Black Out

2014 GL1800A Black Out

I am digging this bike. I want to trade my white one in. All I have to do is convince the wife.

Attachment 3052
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

It is sharp !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

It would look even better with a different seat and no trunk.

Phillip, I agree with you. The moment I saw the pics of this 2014 all blacked out Wing, I told my wife that if I had seen that first...I never would have bought the F6B...I would have bought this Blacked out Wing.

For those who complain about not having some of the regular Gold Wing accessories, how hard would it be to remove the trunk and replace the seat-- and have a better equipped "F6B?" Seems like an awfully costly approach for little return, but if you just have to have what you think you cannot do without...

Quote Originally Posted by db24 View Post
    For those who complain about not having some of the regular Gold Wing accessories, how hard would it be to remove the trunk and replace the seat-- and have a better equipped "F6B?" Seems like an awfully costly approach for little return, but if you just have to have what you think you cannot do without...
    I can be done. All the parts are available. My guess is about $1500 - $2000 to complete. If I am correct, that is a good deal.

If you had both bikes, you could swap rear ends and front fairing, they just bolt on, and sell the fake GL1800A.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db24 View Post

There is a dealership in the Carolinas that has done this mod and offers it.

$4,000 for all of the parts and conversion to make it look like a F6B ....

PLUS the cost of the Goldwing $23,000 - $29,000

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

There is a dealership in the Carolinas that has done this mod and offers it.

$4,000 for all of the parts and conversion to make it look like a F6B ....

PLUS the cost of the Goldwing $23,000 - $29,000

Hey, it's only money

I had it done by Schroader's Honda. Yep, around $4K with heated Corbin seat and backrests. Well worth it for me as I wanted the F6B look, but couldn't leave all the Wing touring accessories like cruise control, heated grips, reverse, and air suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by pblair View Post
    I am digging this bike. I want to trade my white one in. All I have to do is convince the wife.

Attachment 3052
    Convince the wife? Hell just go buy the thing like I did when I bought the F6B Deluxe on 09/11. If she loves you she'll get over it. If she doesn't then you can trade her in on a new model. Lol

When I rode into the garage with my Black F6B the wife stuck her head into the garage from the laundry room and said "You better be just test riding that"! I replied "Yep that's what I'm doing"! Still doing it too! Needless to say, it was quiet in the house for several days. Bought her a long needed new Chair. Now she loves it and say's its more comfortable to ride on than The HD Road Glide Ultra was....The F6B not the chair................Dickie