New Goldwing

Thread: New Goldwing

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

New Goldwing

Hello guys and gals,

Its been awhile since I have been on this forum. Busy life.

I just sold the F6B last week. Black 2013. A guy bought it new. took it out for a ride and put 119 miles on it. He then later had a medical crisis and would never ride again. I bought the bike with 119 miles on it for 13k I rode it for 2 years and 15k miles. It also had a set of Avon Cobra tires that were shot. I sold it for 12k. Why did I sell it? I was afraid that if I put another 10 or 15k on it and another year....I would only be able to get 9 or 10k for it so I sold it.

I want a new Goldwing DCT or if the price were right a new Goldwing manual shift. The best quote I have so far is from Russellville Ark. at $20,285 for the Goldwing Manual and $21,285 for the DCT. (If I wanted the manual shift lever on the DCT it would cost 500 more)

Question is....Does anyone know of a better deal out there? Anyone know of someone that bought one that doesnt like it and would sell theirs?

Do you think that I would get a better deal by waiting until Dec or Jan to purchase one?

I loved the F6B, really did. Have my eyes on a wrecked one that I would like to pick up cheap and slowly rebuild. Mine was black and the paint always seemed to be an issue. But was still a sweet bike and I had a lot of great times on it.

Looking forward to the new wing.

To all that bought the new wing. Are you still liking it and satisfied with it?

Looking for a great deal on a new one. Anyone know of a great deal?

Russel
    South Carolina

I can't help you with a good deal (Canadian), but I'll tell you I love mine.

I was your roomy at Pigeon Forge last year, so my advice is to try one on for size.
    You are tall enough to possibly find the seating position a little tight. Mind you, Wingsoft seats can move you back a bit, and Rivco have their Switchblade highway pegs out.
    I have the opposite problem - lowered mine 2 inches with links, and just got my Helibar risers yesterday.

As for the DCT vs Manual - I bought the DCT and am about 90% happy with it (although I usually run in manual mode except for the slab runs) - It does take a different mindset - YMMV

My handle was Slowpoke, but every time I'm away from the computer for more than a couple of weeks, I lose my connection to this forum and have to re-register with a different handle - Grrrr.

PM me if you have more questions.
    Bikerlloyd

Russellville is know for giving great prices. I think you'll always get you best deal when it's not riding season, right around Christmas, no later than 01/15 is when I would try to buy. You'll have to buy from present stock so make sure they have what you want. Remember they have to pay "floor plan" every month.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Thanks guys. Lloyd your a cool guy. You have been riding for like 40 some years right? Very cool. As I recall you have some pretty cool older bikes in the garage too.

So you bought the new wing? I really only need the manual Goldwing but was thinking about resale value or passing it down to girlfriend....so thought the DCT model might be in my best interest longterm.

So what is your seat height now that you lowered the bike. Girlfriend is riding a BMW R1200C now. I think the seat height is 29 inches.

How many miles do you have on the new wing?

Its good to hear from you Lloyd. I am glad to hear your still kicking and riding my friend.

Not to change the original post here, but has anyone actually purchased the base Goldwing with the manual transmission and put some miles on it???...Looking to hear some impressions and comments on this new/old F6B and so far have not seen any...I sat on one a few weeks ago and it was okay, but the new seat is to damn high for me in stock form so I was not happy and left without taking a test ride....So far the same ones that my dealer ordered a few weeks ago are still sitting on the showroom floor gathering dust!!....Regards and ride safe

I was seriously in nthe market a couple months ago. On my short list was either a new Gold Wing Tour or a K1600 GTL. I test rode a 6 spd 18 GW tour, but only got to ride it for 5-6 miles. There was a lot to like about it, but when I got back on my F6B with all the stuff I've done to it, I was like MEH. Just didn't see it . I test rode the K1600B and found a lot of things to like, but it just wasn't as comfortable. I rode it for a couple of hours and knew it would take some money to make it an all day ride for me. Good fun in the twisties though. Not quite as stable on the interstate.

A couple of weeks ago, on the return trip from New Mexico and El Paso,TX, my buddies and I stopped in at Russellville , Arkansas for the night. Got up the next day and went into the Russellville Honda. I got to take the DCT for an extended test ride. At least in my opinion, that is a game changer. Had I not just bought a new truck, I would've been talking numbers right then and there. I quickly became acclimated to the DCT and found the plusses much more desirable than missing the clutch. At least from my road test.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"