I was seriously in nthe market a couple months ago. On my short list was either a new Gold Wing Tour or a K1600 GTL. I test rode a 6 spd 18 GW tour, but only got to ride it for 5-6 miles. There was a lot to like about it, but when I got back on my F6B with all the stuff I've done to it, I was like MEH. Just didn't see it . I test rode the K1600B and found a lot of things to like, but it just wasn't as comfortable. I rode it for a couple of hours and knew it would take some money to make it an all day ride for me. Good fun in the twisties though. Not quite as stable on the interstate.

A couple of weeks ago, on the return trip from New Mexico and El Paso,TX, my buddies and I stopped in at Russellville , Arkansas for the night. Got up the next day and went into the Russellville Honda. I got to take the DCT for an extended test ride. At least in my opinion, that is a game changer. Had I not just bought a new truck, I would've been talking numbers right then and there. I quickly became acclimated to the DCT and found the plusses much more desirable than missing the clutch. At least from my road test.