Bluetooth in saddlebag? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bluetooth in saddlebag?

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    I also use a cheap Bluetooth dongle in the left saddlebag. I believe you loose some of the menu functions as well as the song and artist displaying on the dash. But with my phone on a ram x-mount near the left grip I can change music and see whatever I need displayed on my I phone. I too loose connection at times but a quick key off and back on usually resets and restores the dongle connection to the bike.
    Ditto here. I tried the usb dongle, but the interface was too clunky for my liking.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

This brand works great with Android also...

Can I plug the input cable in the left pocket into my I6 and have the handlebar controls work?
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    you can plug your iphone(or a usb stick) in the bag and wont need bluetooth. You have volume and track control from the bar.
    This did not work on y 13B. The usb symbol showed on the display but the I phone6 said it was not compatible. I used the apple cord that came with the phone. I did get it to work by plugging the phone in the audio input in the left pocket. But had no control over the phone through the bike controls.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I've tried several USB receivers from Amazon, after a short time they would all quit working, so I've given up on them. I have my iPhone 5s connected via USB to a power port to keep it charged, and the audio jack plugged into the phone. Also been using a bluetooth media button on the left grip to control the phone skip, etc, functions, and volume up/down via bar controls. Works quite well.
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe
    2007 Honda ST1300A (176K miles)
    2003 Honda VTX1800C (80K miles)
    Waaaay to many MX bikes to list.

Quote Originally Posted by gregj View Post
    I've tried several USB receivers from Amazon, after a short time they would all quit working, so I've given up on them. I have my iPhone 5s connected via USB to a power port to keep it charged, and the audio jack plugged into the phone. Also been using a bluetooth media button on the left grip to control the phone skip, etc, functions, and volume up/down via bar controls. Works quite well.
    That's odd, I've been using the same one for over 2 years. It's starting to have issues but I cannot tell if it's the dongle or my phone.

My iPhone 6 sounds an alert when its plugged in to a power port, and showes thats it charging. It did that 3 or 4 times before it excepted being plugged in the USB port in the sale bag. I think the power out put there is inadequate. No way to check the output amperage. And it wouldn't play through the Honda audio system. In fact anything Ive plugged in there doesn't work. It starts skipping through songs every few seconds with a variety of different usb sticks.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    My iPhone 6 sounds an alert when its plugged in to a power port, and showes thats it charging. It did that 3 or 4 times before it excepted being plugged in the USB port in the sale bag. I think the power out put there is inadequate. No way to check the output amperage. And it wouldn't play through the Honda audio system. In fact anything Ive plugged in there doesn't work. It starts skipping through songs every few seconds with a variety of different usb sticks.
    Sounds like we have similar setups, I think I tried the I6 in the bag once but didn't like how hot it got. Been using a BT Dongle since with few issues.

Sena has what they call an sm10 that you can plug your phone into and then play into your headset.
    This way you can have phone up front to see gps and play music.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Sena has what they call an sm10 that you can plug your phone into and then play into your headset.
    This way you can have phone up front to see gps and play music.
    But then you cannot use your handle bar controls if I remember correctly.