Weave wobble
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weave wobble

Weave wobble

Anyone else experience this at high speeds was going over 100 with my buddy and all sudden handlebars wobbles super bad thought I was going down! Now at 75 mph it doesn’t feel stable brakes rub in rear and tire moves side to side a little when on center stand When I get near 18 wheeler the weaving is bad especially if I carry my cargo rack or trailer it’s worse even with no 18 wheeler around maybe it’s the luggage maybe it’s tires I’ve had it at several shops no one knows says could be tires could be air pressure only thing I changed that may be a problem is the taller than stock windshield any help or advice would be appreciate I have had a couple car tires and motorcycle tires on the rear. 2016 f6b
    Last edited by Mooney14; 07-21-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Retorque your lug nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney14 View Post
    Anyone else experience this at high speeds was going over 100 with my buddy and all sudden handlebars wobbles super bad thought I was going down! Now at 75 mph it doesn’t feel stable brakes rub in rear and tire moves side to side a little when on center stand When I get near 18 wheeler the weaving is bad especially if I carry my cargo rack or trailer it’s worse even with no 18 wheeler around maybe it’s the luggage maybe it’s tires I’ve had it at several shops no one knows says could be tires could be air pressure only thing I changed that may be a problem is the taller than stock windshield any help or advice would be appreciate I have had a couple car tires and motorcycle tires on the rear. 2016 f6b
    I know I am an "old man", but going 100mph with or without a passenger is just plain crazy in my humble opinion, regardless of handling issues!!!

Alright I will try that thanks

Yeah it is crazy but people enjoy having a little fun every now and then keep the rubber down !

Motorcycles have been my primary mode of transportation for roughly 49 years. I'm over 60 now and still see 100 at least once a month. Hopefully in 20 years when I'm over 80..... I'll have a faster bike. :-)
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    Motorcycles have been my primary mode of transportation for roughly 49 years. I'm over 60 now and still see 100 at least once a month. Hopefully in 20 years when I'm over 80..... I'll have a faster bike. :-)
    I'm pushing 79 years old, been riding since I was 14 and have gone pretty damn fast at times, but as one gets older, and hopefully wiser, sometimes common sense takes over and I ask myself why am I going this fast???...What does it really accomplish and who really cares.....JMHO...Regards and ride safe!!

May be you tires are out of balance. In suggest you try some balance beads for those hi speed shakes. Remove your lead weights & put 1 oz in the front & 2 oz in the rear. If you still have the shakes ad 1/2 oz more F&R.... they're a PITA to put in, so just take you time, might try squeezing the tire so it'll suck in the beads, well worth the time & money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I'm pushing 79 years old, been riding since I was 14 and have gone pretty damn fast at times, but as one gets older, and hopefully wiser, sometimes common sense takes over and I ask myself why am I going this fast???...What does it really accomplish and who really cares.....JMHO...Regards and ride safe!!
    Sounds like you're doing it right. Hope I can follow your example and still be ridin' at 79 also.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

I'm 76yo, still hit 100 + mph when I have a nice long, clean stretch of road...….. Just visited a 70yo HD rider over the weekend. He's thinking about stopping riding because his HD is too heavy. I had the same "too heavy" problem with my Indian Chief. Then I took a test ride on a "B." Brought a "B", sold the Indian, problem solved.