Weave wobble - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weave wobble

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    My F6B would feel a little unstable at 100. Enough so, that I would slow down after a few seconds. I just did a suspension upgrade with Traxxion springs front, Progressive rear spring, Traxxion triple clamp with tapered bearings. I went up to 110 mph and it didn’t feel scary. Your rear tire moving side to side? That doesn’t right. Lug nuts, bearings? I’m not a mechanic, sorry I can’t be more help.
    May I ask what this up-grade costs??..I am still thinking about doing the same type thing next month at my local Honda dealer which has done several bikes , including many trikes which is their main concentration of business...I am not sure about the rear spring at this point depending on the cost...Regards

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I'm 76yo, still hit 100 + mph when I have a nice long, clean stretch of road...….. Just visited a 70yo HD rider over the weekend. He's thinking about stopping riding because his HD is too heavy. I had the same "too heavy" problem with my Indian Chief. Then I took a test ride on a "B." Brought a "B", sold the Indian, problem solved.
    Have talked to a few riders who have traded in their top heavy v-twins in on Goldwings.
    They didn't regret the change and the wives are happy too.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Interesting as I am seriously thinking about giving my F6B to my 48 year old son and switching to an Indian Scout with some extras on it...(Bags, pipes, windshield, floorboards, reduced reach seat, and some bling!!!....Thing only weighs about 560lbs compared to the 835lb "B"...I love the Honda,but it is getting to heavy for me to handle with a comfortable feeling anymore...We'll see what the future brings...Regards and ride safe....BTW, I did hit 90mph once last week!!!
    Opas, the Indian referred to here as heavy is a Chieftain, which weighs about the same as a F6B. The Scout you are considering is 300 lbs. lighter.

I rode a Chieftain and do not recall it being top heavy, but I do remember it not being as nimble as the Honda...which, of course, could be related to where the weight sits in the chassis.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I brought a new 2016 Indian Chief and it was top heavy, very top heavy !! That's why I sold it. Well, really I took a "B" for a test ride first. Then I brought I nice used B & sold the Chief to a guy on the west coast. The only email I got from him after delivery said, "man, this thing is heavy!" Haven't heard from him since.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    May I ask what this up-grade costs??..I am still thinking about doing the same type thing next month at my local Honda dealer which has done several bikes , including many trikes which is their main concentration of business...I am not sure about the rear spring at this point depending on the cost...Regards
    $499 for triple clamp
    $119 springs
    $100 for bushing seal kit
    $ 15 for fork fluid
    $741 for labor
    $150 sales tax and shipping =

$1624 total

I also had pads brake and clutch fluid replaced, air filter, anti-dive delete (no charge), and of course the rear spring which was 3.5 hr labor, but I didn’t include those charges. I also have a superbrace on. Labor = $95/hr at Honda dealership in WA.

Hope this helps.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!