Weave wobble - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weave wobble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've been using "beads" since 2005, never had any problems. As your speed picks up & the balance changes a bit, the beads move to & away from those areas I understand air planes have been using them for decades, along with a lot of trucking companies. If you still have a issue after installing the beads, chances are you've got a tire problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney14 View Post
    Now at 75 mph it doesn’t feel stable brakes rub in rear and tire moves side to side a little when on center stand.
    If your tire is actually moving side to side and brakes rubbing, you’ve got some improperly torqued lug nuts. Remove the wheel and reinstall, using the required Q spec. Balancing could also contribute a bit. If you have weights, it’s unlikely your wheel was balanced at high speed. The computer balancers use an algorithm to estimate high revs while actually spinnning wheel at much slower revs. If a mechanic told me it was tire pressure after describing your symptoms, I would question his credentials. Find a new shop!
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

I brought a new 2016 Indian Chief and it was top heavy, very top heavy !! That's why I sold it. Well, really I took a "B" for a test ride first. Then I brought I nice used B & sold the Chief to a guy on the west coast. The only email I got from him after delivery said, "man, this thing is heavy!" Haven't heard from him since.