Honda LED Highway/Fog Lights - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda LED Highway/Fog Lights

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    Hey Joe...Thanks!

I have seen the link and products you attached. The lighted switch is from E/C but is a circular light with a green LED. Miles had a picture of it in one of the prior posts but not a part number.
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    The 960's...whether the Dual 960's or the Single 960's, both from BikeMP3, are basically plug n' play. They connect into the OEM wiring harness that is located down mon the front of the engine, at the same connectors that you would plug in a set of Honda fog lights. Then...the switch of yuour choice would be installed on the left side audio panel, where there are three blanks located there. Most of us choose to use one of the two lower blanks. That switch wiring is then routed to a connector that is in behind the audio panel, and it too is basicaly plug n' play.

There are no wires to cut, nothing to splice, and all is very sanitary when done.

"IF" you choose to go for the 960's from BikeMP3, decide if you want the Duals, or the Singles (that is two per side, or one per side), and also decide "which" switch you want. Many of us have found that the OEM Honda fog light switch is not our choice for the best switch. We have been there...done that, and the problem with the OEM Honda fog light switch is that the small LED light on the switch is ON 100% of the time when the bike is on, whether the fog lights are on...or not. Many have changed over to the Electrical Connection fog light switch, as that Green LED light is on...only when the fog lights are on. Check with Pete at BikeMP3 and ask if he too has a switch like that...other than the Honda switch.
    Yes we have those switches or we normally do the last one went out today we will have more on Monday
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    Yes we have those switches or we normally do the last one went out today we will have more on Monday
    Hey Pete,

I've got an order in with you guys that hasn't shipped yet. Order/Invoice number #0000003959. How much are those Gen 5 switches and what other colors do they come in? I might order those and have you send them along as a total order to save shipping costs. I am also looking at the Amp/Voltage Meter with Panel (wish that had been on the Black Friday list) and the short IPod Cable. BTW, what is the length of the cable?

Please advise...Thanks!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Have Honda LED's

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    Hey Pete,

I've got an order in with you guys that hasn't shipped yet. Order/Invoice number #0000003959. How much are those Gen 5 switches and what other colors do they come in? I might order those and have you send them along as a total order to save shipping costs. I am also looking at the Amp/Voltage Meter with Panel (wish that had been on the Black Friday list) and the short IPod Cable. BTW, what is the length of the cable?

Please advise...Thanks!
    I got Honda lights more for being seen on LA's freeways. Lights do a fairly good job, short to medium distance.
    on/off switch from Honda does not light when lights are turned on.
    overall I'm satisfied for my needs and they look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post

Just FYI our switches are slightly larger than the others out there but work well with gloves and come fully wired so just plug and play

Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Did anyone not go with the switch and have the 960s on all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    Did anyone not go with the switch and have the 960s on all the time?
    I have the OEM switch but is always on.I like the 960's on during the day too as it is just one more thing to maybe let the cagers know I'm around.They don't draw much so leaving them on is no big deal.

DRIVEING LIGHTS ALSO

I saw your question, yes I plan on wiring mine without a switch. After countless threds and watching several videos I now know what the connections is. Just installed mine tonight and will install the crossover in the morning to see them light up when I turn the key. Playing slick on Friday it will be in the 60s here in maryland. Time to get a quick one in this weekend.