Van totaled - I'm glad I wasn't on my motorcycle!

Thread: Van totaled - I'm glad I wasn't on my motorcycle!

Van totaled - I'm glad I wasn't on my motorcycle!

I've posted this story on a few forums I belong to. I figure it never hurts to remind people of the unpredictability of cage drivers!

While on vacation in Montana, this happened:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/27d2y5i9m/

He had a stop sign, but I did not. With perfect visibility and where the other driver could literally see for miles down the road I was on, he stopped and then pulled out in front of me. The speed limit was 70mph. Luckily I was already slowing down for an intersection further down the road. I always cover the brake, horn, and am thinking about evasive maneuvers whenever I see a car stopped at an intersection I'm driving past - A habit I have from many years of riding motorcycles. But, it wasn't enough to avoid the accident.

Luckily no one in my van was injured. Surprisingly, the other driver only suffered minor cuts from crawling out of his car through broken glass.

The damage to my van doesn't look too bad, but the estimate was nearly $10,000. Needless to say, the van was totaled.

Be careful out there. If someone in can pull out in front of a big van with its headlights on, they can pull out in front of anything!
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Glad to hear no one in your vehicle was injured.

Did the other driver place the “For Sale” sign on his car before or after the crash???

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    Glad to hear no one in your vehicle was injured.

Did the other driver place the “For Sale” sign on his car before or after the crash???

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    The other driver was 16. When his father arrived on the scene, I heard him say something about flipping the sign over so it could be read more easily.

Apparently they just put the car up for sale that morning.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon