5 wk N.America adventure. 8 to 10K Miles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 wk N.America adventure. 8 to 10K Miles

5 wk N.America adventure. 8 to 10K Miles

Ok, for this trip had Helibars installed, changed 14 " Klocks flair to 16", added LEDs to the high beam to match the LED low beam, and changed my old Kuryakyn tour bag for the improved Xkuryakyn roller tour bag.

Picking up the Miami BBC (Big Breasted Companion ) tomorrow. She'll ride with me for a few days, and then dropping her off at the Aspen airport. Picking up curvy companion # 2 up in Park City, dropping her off at Kalispell. Seeing # 3 up in Kelowna B.C. Etc, etc. Now this is the way to travel the continent. Lol
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

We shall expect pictures of this trip. If you want, you can even include some of the scenery you'll encounter.

Are you staying in the west region or heading east? Hotel or camping? When do you depart?

I’m in the planning stage now for circumnavigating the USA in 2020. Boss is okay with me taking a 6-week sabbatical. My goal is to ride through states I’ve never been in, which is about every thing east of Illinois. I’m thinking Sept-early Oct to do this trip. Northern regions going east, southern regions coming back west. How’s that for a bucket list?

Give us more details when you have time. We can all learn from each other.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    Are you staying in the west region or heading east? Hotel or camping? When do you depart?

I’m in the planning stage now for circumnavigating the USA in 2020. Boss is okay with me taking a 6-week sabbatical. My goal is to ride through states I’ve never been in, which is about every thing east of Illinois. I’m thinking Sept-early Oct to do this trip. Northern regions going east, southern regions coming back west. How’s that for a bucket list?

Give us more details when you have time. We can all learn from each other.
    I can give you a route through NYS with scenery that will compete with what your state features (I was there last week). Need to know where you are entering New York and where you will be heading after going through the Empire State.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Ok, a brief tale of the journey thus far. Currently in the 2nd wk of my adventure. Will download pix when trip is complete. The Helibars are fan-friggin- tastic. The only issue is they cut down on a tight turning because where I have them positioned for my long gorilla arms, the bars hit the end of the 16 " knock windscreen. More on that later.

In Penticton, B.C. The morning sun is doing its best to burn through the holocaust apocalyptic type sky that is permeating the air from the fires. When I arrived thru the Tetons very late afternoon, The Tetons were almost nonexistent. However, the following morning they were big bold magical and Majestic. My lady traveling with me for these couple of days saw these ice capped glaciers for the first time and was completely blown away.

Bear tooth hwy (at the summit) was 46 degrees. There seemed to more motorcycles on this hwy than cars. And, on that note, have seen more women riding their own bikes than at anytime prior.

Thus far, Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico, Pagosa Springs & telluride & Aspen Colorado, Park city Utah, Jackson hole Wyoming, great falls Montana, Columbia Falls Montana, Penticton BC.

Btw, this was the first time I was able to ride into Telluride and Aspen in a tank top. Weather was pristine. My skin is turning a wonderful hue of Mocha. LOL
    Last edited by adventurous1; 08-08-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

Hotels. Better Hotels when the women were riding with me. The Wesr first. In a few more days after I had through Banff, Lake Louise, and Calgary, I will come down to St. Mary's in Montana. Already venturd west through glacier national Park a week prior, so I will go east through the prairies of Montana and the Dakotas. Doing this portion of the prairies through the state instead of Saskatchewan in Canada, because I enjoy riding without a helmet.

GaTeach
    This is awesome! Thank you for sharing your adventure!!!!

UPDATE: It's Thurs 8.16. 18th day (???) of my trip. Currently, in Deeeeeeeetroit for parents' Anniversary. It's warm and misty raining all day. Will be here for a few days before continuing the adventure. The B has been flawless. About 6K mile trip thus far. Having the oil changed tomorrow.

Ok, After visiting Kelowna and Kamloops (B.C.) and Lake Louise and Banff (Alberta) spent the night in Calgary. Checked into a hotel - JUST before the rain came down. Following a.m., (55 degrees) headed for the border. Entered back into the States at Sweet Grass, Montana. Handfuls of Canadians in different groups at this border xing returning to Canada from Sturgis. Tank top weather again in Montana. Took HWY 2 East to Glasgow, Montana. At dinner, fantastic steak - and local beer. Following a.m., while having a 4 shot Americano at the local coffee venue, I changed plans - 'Hey, let's venture down to Sturgis'. The rally ended the day before (whether was perfect) - and the Black Hills are always big fun when there's not 500K bikes on them. Everything in Sturgis was now half price - including the prostitutes (lol). Deadwood was still fairly crowded w and w/o bikers. It's a way better location than Sturgis (IMO). The ride thru the Black Hills is always peaceful, calming, filled w/ solace. Every time I ride thru these mtns, it's painfully obviously that the Lakota Indians needed nothing else. That's probably why they took it from the Crow and Pawnee tribes (but that another story). Spent the night in Rapid City. Walked from the hotel to their 'main street' for dinner. Waaaaaay cool rooftop Mexican restaurant 'Que Pasa'. They had fire pits going, night weather was friggen gorgeous. What a great day, capped with perfect weather evening.

The following a.m., had my daily Americano at a new coffee establishment 'Essence Of Coffee'. Facing another day / day and 1/2 of prairies, I bought the bullet, hopped on Interstate 90 - and flew. Looking off to the south, there was a dark cloud like the size of the Death Star ship hovering over the Bad Lands ......with monstrously wicked lightening strikes. Glad I didn't venture that direction. The entire trip, was blessed with avoiding heavy rain - well, it finally caught me. Somewhere around Sioux Falls, there were groups of us under many overpasses. Rain was so heavy, I couldn't see the road. No Bueno!! Had to pull over. About 20 min later, all is good with the world again - and headed to La Crosse, WI - border w/ Minn, and on the banks of the Mississippi. Had dinner at an outdoor Tiki bar called Moxie's. Yup, tiki torches burning along with fire pits. Sipped finely aged Tequila, had WI's very own Spotted Cow beer, and a double patty burger with egg and bacon (no bun of course - lol). And they serve it with peanut butter. Go Fig. Oh, and this bar is also on the banks of the Mississippi. Another wondrous evening.

Following a.m. headed to downtown Milwaukee to catch the 12:30 Milwaukee to Muskegon ferry. After purchasing my fare, I headed over to the Harley Museum. (10 min away). The ferry ride is about 2.5 hrs across Lake Michigan. There were about 7 bikers and couples, mostly from MI, also waiting for the ferry. All were returning from Sturgis. One guy was doing a 50 state tour. Now, while i sailing across the middle of Lake Michigan it's reminds me of why these Great lakes (especially Superior and Michigan) are bigger than some Oceans. 360 degrees - no sight of land. Arrived in Muskegon about 4 p.m (hr time change). Weather again - STELLER. 82 degrees. Rode for about an hr thru county trees lined roads to Big Rapids. Had a steak dinner -at Schuberg's Bar and Girl, then more county roads for another hr or so - then headed to Detroit.

On Sunday - the journey continues.
    Last edited by adventurous1; 08-16-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Sounds like a great trip so far!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

GaTeach
    I always wish I'd done a better job journaling my travels and I always vow to do better in the future and I never do. You've inspired me. Thanks for sharing.