Slight whistle from ------- windshield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slight whistle from ------- windshield

Slight whistle from ------- windshield

I just installed an 11” ------- shield, and have slight, but noticeable whistle from the right side of the shield.

Anyone encounter this? Any solutions?

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Jesus. (Angry)Stad shield.

Depending on the angle the shield is at and speed I have a whistle with both my shields. I remember when I first started with this shield a few years ago there were quite a few folks had a whistle depending on how it was set.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

The block on the Upsetstad name is ridiculous . Anyway, no whistle issue with mine. Do you get it in all positions or just one? Is everything put back together correctly? Something must be catching the wind just the right way...
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

To bad we don’t have our old archive. I seem to remember that some one had discovered that the little hollow round area at the end of the clutch and break lever would somehow create a whistle with one of the windshields. The fix was black RTV to fill that hole/ indent. Maybe you could use black electrical tape to cover and test that.

The whistle occurs at 40 mph. I adjusted the angle to no avail. I haven’t adjusted height, which is currently set at highest. I will look for the indent and try the tape trick. Thanks for everyones input.

I spoke with them early on and I believe it was an issue with the leading edge of the shield and how it was cut. I could get rid of the whistle by running electrical tape across the length of the bottom of the shield.
    BUT as I said, for me it is only at a particular setting and speed.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I thought it was just me but I have the same whistle at about the same speed. I will have to try the tape on the bottom thing. I moved the shield around but still got the noise..I think mine comes in around 50+ mph.

Right now bike is in California waiting for me to ride it back to Ohio. Plenty of miles to play with the shield and see if the source of the noise can be found. Well keep you posted.

DMAGOLDRDR. Thank you!

I put electrical tape on the bottom right windshield edge and noticed the whistle decreased, but still present. I pulled over, ran another piece to cover the entire bottom edge, and lo and behold, no more whistle!!

I’m drinking a beer at a local tavern right now in your honor.

I pulled off the tape and will look for some automotive piping to cover the lower lip. I’d prefer a more finished look than black electrical tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    DMAGOLDRDR. Thank you!

I put electrical tape on the bottom right windshield edge and noticed the whistle decreased, but still present. I pulled over, ran another piece to cover the entire bottom edge, and lo and behold, no more whistle!!

I’m drinking a beer at a local tavern right now in your honor.

I pulled off the tape and will look for some automotive piping to cover the lower lip. I’d prefer a more finished look than black electrical tape.
    Yea might want to take a look at https://www.summitracing.com/parts/t...CABEgKt5_D_BwE There is a huge selection out there, this is one I have used in the past. You can also find it in chrome and smooth if you don't like the textured look.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/