Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
Ive owned 4 Harleys Last one was an 05 Ultra. Stuck a cam with a 95 cubic inch kit in it to get more power out of it. Cost about 3K to do that. After all that it still wont keep up with the F6B and I never did get the money back out of it. Didn't expect to but paid 21 for the bike new. Never again. I like my F6B even more when I see the price of the new Wings. Ya there nice but I wont be buyin one anytime soon not for 23K.
I didn't pay 23k for mine. I got it for way less than that..I never wouldn't pay that much for one...It also came with an 8 year warranty for way less than that..I've never paid MSRP for a bike in my life..I've owned 23 Harley's a 1949 Panhead now,,two Buels a few Kawi's,Yamaha's, couple BMW's,six Honda's, a Vincent Shadow,Trumpets,BSA's and many more I forget. At one time operated a Motorcycle junk yard. Like I said there is no reason to pay msrp..People who pay msrp make it possible for people like me to get one for way below..The OTD price AR. give's can be beaten FYI.
I've never not gotten my money out of Harley's I've owned...You speak of Harleys as if they are junk when they truly are an identity of there own..A culture of sorts.People who put a bunch of money into a Harley to make them faster are wasting money they will never recover. Same with chrome and accessories..You must leave them as you buy them if you plan to recover their cost. They are worth way more bone stock. I paid 15k for my Streetglide,got 15k for it owned it 8 years..I own both Harley and the Wing, also own a White Honda 305 Dream with 4 original miles that's in a Museum.(Story behind that) got it at a fire sale. The Wing is my everyday rider..I think its wonderful but have my doubts about my dealers mechanics having the skills to fix it if it has technology issues.Hopefully it will be like the 13 F6B and only require oil and filter,tire changes for the next 6 years...