I loved my F6B! Best bike I’ve ever owned! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I loved my F6B! Best bike I’ve ever owned!

love my f6b as well,,,,, best bike i ever owned and there have been a few,,,,,,, got 40k on her and look foward to many more

I recently bought a 2015 Valkyrie and I will be keeping my F6B both great bikes. But I really like the Valk. I have it setup as a solo bike so it's useless for traveling or picking up anything, I have the B for that. But for a day ride it's fun a bit lighter I think it handles better They say it is much faster. I know I can put bags on the Valk but I don't plan on doing that it's my fun bike. I haven't been on my B since I got the Valk but it's new, I am getting the bug to take it out.

kind of has that RUNE look

I had a 14 Valkyrie and traded for my F6BD. I believe the F6BD handles better with the lower center of gravity from the smaller wheels and the fuel tank location under the seat versus above and in front of the rider. The lighter weight of the Valkyrie helps off the line but the better aerodynamics of the F6B help at cruising speed and above. The F6B feels more planted at highway speeds. Here is a picture of my old F6C.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 08-03-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Get used to loving your "B" & it being the best bike you've ever owned. You'll be hard pressed to find a better bike. HD & GW is comparing apples & oranges. GW's / B's are made for riding & riding & riding. You'll find mostly HD's in front of a biker bar w/ the owners standing around trying to look like 1% er's…….. something 99% could never come close to.
    Haha. So true!

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

This is what I like about my 2015 F6B deluxe and why it suits me.

I sold a 2005 CVO Harley Road King and moved up to the F6B. The main reasons were comfort and reliability. Even though I bought the Road King new, it left me stranded too many times on long trips.

There is no denying the good looks of my F6B. I ride with a friend that has a 2012 Goldwing, and when we park next to each other on trips, people always ask me about my bike and what it is. It is almost embarrassing when they ignore my friends full Goldwing. I love to tell them it has a 6 cylinder engine and they usually find that hard to believe.

The first modification I made was getting a Klock Werks 14 inch smoked windscreen. I knew the first time I rode the bike that the stock screen provided no protection. The Klock Werks screen works perfectly for me, blocking just the right amount of the wind while making the bike look flat out sexy.

Next I replaced the seat with a Mustang Tripper Fastback. I like this seat because it drops me about an inch and I have shorter legs. But the main reason for the Mustang was for my wife when we ride 2 up. The Tripper passenger area sides are contoured for her legs and she loves the fit. The stock seat was just to square and pinched her legs.

The passenger backrest was too low for her compared to the setup I had on the Harley, so I got a 3 inch bracket from Ultimate Seats. This raised the stock pad up to the small of her back and makes her feel secure.

I really missed the highway pegs I had on the Harley. Being able to stretch out my legs on a 600 mile day is just mandatory. I like keeping the overall looks to that of a super sport bike, so I got a set of the (overpriced) Rivco Aero Pegs in chrome. Though the overall look of the bike is blacked out, a piece or two of chrome looks good to me. The fact that the Aero Pegs fold up and become invisible for daily commutes appeals to me.

I negotiated the OEM Honda LED driving lights into the purchase price. I found it odd that Honda sold round lights with a trapezoid cutout. So I scored a new, old stock plastic lower cover from a standard Goldwing and painted it black. Fits perfect and I like the look of the round lights better, matching the standard headlights.

On trips by myself, I can live with the space in the side bags. For weekend trips 2 up, sometimes we need just a bit more space. I put on a Honda luggage rack for those few times I need to carry a few extra things. I like the looks of the OEM Honda rack, and I think it helps protect the large plastic butt the bike has from getting scratched.

For our long week long touring trips, I pull a trailer. I chose to install a Bushtec trailer hitch for two reasons. One, it is built well and has a good reputation. Second, I like the fact that when the stinger is removed, you can’t tell that the bike has a hitch on it.

I painted my Zenith trailer to match the F6B using ColorRite paint that is a factory match. I also blacked out the aluminum wheels to match the bike. The trailer has 13 inch car wheels and a nice air suspension. We can fit all our camping gear in there and it is nice to have a cooler with you for those long trips. The F6B pulls the trailer so well, I have to look in the mirrors every once in a while to make sure it still back there.

One of the best things about my F6B is my audio setup. I have a 160 Gb iPod Classic mounted in the left side bag connected to the USB input. This works perfectly with the on board music interface. I use a pair of Shure SE-215 earbuds and the sound is great while blocking out most road noise. I built a 5 pin DIN adaptor to the standard 3.5mm audio jack. It sounds great and I don't want to fart around with bluetooth.

I made the radio knob keys for the gas cover, side bag and smuggler cubby locks. A great little project.

I don’t want a GPS, I had one mounted on the Harley handlebars. When I ride I want to enjoy the trip and don’t need to know I only have 37.8 miles left and will arrive in 32 minutes. I carry paper maps (large print edition) and have an iPhone in the side bag if I need to plan a route. (“The point of the journey is not to arrive” – Rush on Prime Mover). In a large city to find a destination, I plug my headphones into my iPhone and use Google maps for audio prompts.

I love the power, smoothness, reliability and comfort of my super sport bike. It suits me and I can’t think of what I would replace it with. I expect I will have it for many years to come.

F6BZenith.JPG
    Last edited by ka7aku; 08-09-2018 at 12:54 PM.