Shipping bike...

Thread: Shipping bike...

Shipping bike...

I'm about to hand my F6B over to an airline for shipping to the UK. Apparently they will "palletize" it, and be fully responsible for it's safe passage on our flight to London Heathrow. I don't think I'll get to witness how it is eventually tied down prior to loading, but wondered if anybody has had theirs shipped by air, and if there are any lessons to be learned prior? I assume it will be put on the center stand, and secured with the engine and rear guards.... but who knows. It will be insured for shipping damage, but I really hope it arrives without any bruises.

The buyer had my Indian Chief shipped central FL. to CA. They rode it on a pallet, F&R wheels fit nicely in between the spaces in the pallet. Put 4 tie downs on it & drove away. Buyer said it didn't have a scratch on it...… The GW's could from Japan in a special shipping frame. Guess you're going to have to trust the airline knows what they're doing..... that or not ship it...………… Riding would be tough …

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    The buyer had my Indian Chief shipped central FL. to CA. They rode it on a pallet, F&R wheels fit nicely in between the spaces in the pallet. Put 4 tie downs on it & drove away. Buyer said it didn't have a scratch on it...… The GW's could from Japan in a special shipping frame. Guess you're going to have to trust the airline knows what they're doing..... that or not ship it...………… Riding would be tough
    Would require a helluva a head start!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6