Solo ride- Am I turning anti-social?

Thread: Solo ride- Am I turning anti-social?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Only Been doing it for 45 years now
    Love it
    Ride for as long as I want
    See what I want
    Stop when I want
    For as long as I want
    Love it
    I was born with nothing and shore got a heap of it left

Riding w/ friends for the occasional same local route and same local venues I don't mind. Again 'occasional'. Last year I experienced another summer adventure - 11K / 6 wks. (No, I'm not retired). When I do these trips, and even the solo riding along PCH or in the mtns of So Cal, it's therapy for me because it clears my mind, lets me think and these times alone let me be more creative about bus, my life, my goals, etc., etc.

On my longer journeys, I generally have 1 of the women I'm sleeping with fly into an area, then she'll ride with me for about 3 days, then drop her off at another airport along the way. The women are always blown away about how much 'they see' of nature - and their minds become much clearer. Happens 'every time'. Last year, I had 2 different ladies meet me along the way. LOTS of fun. Simple 250 to 350 mile days thru 2 lane hwys / back roads. Btw, last year experienced a locally brewed 'Pecan Beer' somewhere outside of Albuquerque (I think). Still one of the best beers I've ever tasted.
    Last edited by adventurous1; 04-07-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne