Garmen Zumo 665 question

Thread: Garmen Zumo 665 question

Garmen Zumo 665 question

This may have to do with my bluetooth helmet and not the Zumo, but sometimes when I link the zumo and helmet only, my microphone in the helmet stays on, so I hear all the background noise, which decreases the sound quality. Sometimes the microphone will stay off. I can't figure out what, if anything, I am doing differently to determine whether the mic is on or off. Just yesterday coming home from an over night ride, I had just the helmet and zumo linked, and only one time after a stop, the microphone was off, which is what I wanted. The rest of the time I can hear my breathing, cars going by, etc. Anyone have an idea on how to keep the mic from being on? I read through the manual (I bought this used) but didn't find anything that addressed this.

If your helmet intercom is a sena download the phone app that let's you look at and change the settings. Then shut off the setting that allows you to hear yourself and perhaps the voice activated mic setting should be off too.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    If your helmet intercom is a sena download the phone app that let's you look at and change the settings. Then shut off the setting that allows you to hear yourself and perhaps the voice activated mic setting should be off too.
    My helmet is a Bilt helmet with a bluetooth built in. I do believe this version uses Sena. I will check this out. Thank you fir that suggestion.

Just an FYI, So far, I have not been able to get the Sena in the Bilt helmet to synch with the Sena app. It appears only certain Sena units will connect to the app, and it looks like the Bilt version is not one of them.