Installed Mick-O-Pegs

Thread: Installed Mick-O-Pegs

Installed Mick-O-Pegs

I got a pair of used Mick-O's on the forum here and I wanted to write a quick review and give kudos for a great design and execution. They are model DD and the previous owner put some grip tape on the arms of the peg, which works really well. My heels rest nicely on the pegs and the sides and balls of my feet on the arms for a refreshing feet forward position on the B. It's not only novel to be in that position on a Goldwing platform, but functional in that you can use your leg muscles more to mitigate the forces of acceleration and deceleration. Plus, the DD model pegs go inward, instead of outward, so your legs are much narrower when they are forward rather than in the gynecological position with the outward stirrups, which is not my cup of tea. The biggest pleasant surprise was that the air under the engine is very cool and the air that flows up the back of your calves is nice and refreshing. There is also a slight flex to the arms of the pegs that gives a bit of added suspension over bumps. However, because of the way the arms line up inside the mount-body, you can stand on them without bending them. Nifty design. The one big trade-off is that you do lose lean angle with them fully descended, and the first time I found this out by grinding the right peg with my foot that close to the ground certainly caused the 'ol sphincter to tighten up. But other than that, lane changes and long sweepers are mostly fine. Just need to use caution and awareness. They spring way up out of the way when not in use. Although the used ones I got aren't quite as springy as they probably ought to be. I'll need to replace the inner springs, which is about 30 bucks total according to Mick-O's site. Not a big deal. For looks, I plasti-dipped and painted them black, and personally I think they look great on the bike and the lines flow really nicely. Happy riding!

Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Verismo; 08-06-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Glad you found something that works well for you!
    That's always a WIN!

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Glad you found something that works well for you!
    That's always a WIN!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks, Steve!!!

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I got a pair of used Mick-O's on the forum here and I wanted to write a quick review and give kudos for a great design and execution. They are model DD and the previous owner put some grip tape on the arms of the peg, which works really well. My heels rest nicely on the pegs and the sides and balls of my feet on the arms for a refreshing feet forward position on the B. It's not only novel to be in that position on a Goldwing platform, but functional in that you can use your leg muscles more to mitigate the forces of acceleration and deceleration. Plus, the DD model pegs go inward, instead of outward, so your legs are much narrower when they are forward rather than in the gynecological position with the outward stirrups, which is not my cup of tea. The biggest pleasant surprise was that the air under the engine is very cool and the air that flows up the back of your calves is nice and refreshing. There is also a slight flex to the arms of the pegs that gives a bit of added suspension over bumps. However, because of the way the arms line up inside the mount-body, you can stand on them without bending them. Nifty design. The one big trade-off is that you do lose lean angle with them fully descended, and the first time I found this out by grinding the right peg with my foot that close to the ground certainly caused the 'ol sphincter to tighten up. But other than that, lane changes and long sweepers are mostly fine. Just need to use caution and awareness. They spring way up out of the way when not in use. Although the used ones I got aren't quite as springy as they probably ought to be. I'll need to replace the inner springs, which is about 30 bucks total according to Mick-O's site. Not a big deal. For looks, I plasti-dipped and painted them black, and personally I think they look great on the bike and the lines flow really nicely. Happy riding!

Jason
    Oh! I had a friend give me a set of these and I had no idea how they went on the bike. Hmmm, I hope I didn't take them to the goodwill. I love the way that looks. And it sounds like they're great for stretching out!