Just Wondering - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Like a few others, I use a M*dSt*d. I did modify mine, though, by adding linear actuators, so that it's now electrically adjustable. That way on the highway, I can run it up nice and high, but if I want more air, I can lower it.
    Cool Mod!!
    ITS ALL GOOD

Like a few others, I use a M*dSt*d. I did modify mine, though, by adding linear actuators, so that it's now electrically adjustable. That way on the highway, I can run it up nice and high, but if I want more air, I can lower it.
    I’d like to see pics of that setup. Been thinking the same thing...
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

I have been running a Cee Baily's dark tint 1" under stock for 110,000 miles and love it. I just finished a ride to/from Sturgis with two 1000+ mile days and four 600+ mile days and appreciate the clean air coming over when its 95-100 degrees.

34k miles with stock shield. I do wear full face helmet at all times. I've been thinking of painting the inside of the stocker black for a new look.
    D

That's awesome. Like others, I'd love to see pics and a parts list for what you used, if you have time.

Jason

Do you have pictures and specs of what model actuator you used?

Me Too, Tell us more. Pictures and how to do please.

Okay - this sounds sexy as all hell.
    We need pictures, actuator model numbers, controller circuit switchology, etc.
    And I was just in Marietta GA yesterday...
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Dang , after all that I kinda feel like I split a milk jug and duct taped it on.

Hi all. Sorry for the delay...have not been on in a while. Happy to provide the parts info. The actuators are Progressive Automation PA-07-2-5 Micro Linear Actuators. That means that they are 2" stroke, and have 5lbs of force each at 12volts. They are rated as weatherproof, and have internal limits to protect them from being over-extended or retracted, and are $69 each. The shield has ~2.5" of adjustment, so I'm giving up about a 1/4" on either end. The actuator brackets are Progressive Automations BRK-07 Mounting Brackets, welded to the inner and outer shield brackets. Since the inner has the slot for adjusting angle, I chose the angle I like and welded a washer on for a "preset" angle. I suppose you could also put a small actuator to control that too, but I'm quite happy like it is. They are controlled by a waterproof reversing normally open toggle switch, which was $25. It's a very simple setup...just 12v power and ground that reverse via the switch. I put links to each below. I'll try to upload a few photos for anyone interested...but the first couple of tries failed.

https://www.progressiveautomations.c...RoCkvIQAvD_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1