Seat Cushion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat Cushion

Seat Cushion

Hello guys.
    I love my F6B but the seat, even though it was modified, is giving me a hard time. I bought a mustang seat a couple a months ago, but I return it the same day because, although it looks and feels great, it would put me higher and back, which would make all the mods I installed obsolete, such as risers and back rest, which brings me to my point. Is there anything, other than gel cushions, that I can do to make my seat more comfortable? I paid a lot of money for the seat modification and the back rest, and also the risers, I got the bike right on the sweet spot since I can seat straight and I can reach the handlebar without slouching or extending my arms, but again, the seat is very hard, especially when I take rides longer than 200 miles. I'm not a tall guy (5'7') so my options are kind of limited. I own a VTX 1800F with a mustang seat that fits me great, both on reach, high and seat softness, but unfortunately I have to sale it. I'm not really trill about getting a gel or air cushion because more likely it would bring me up. Unfortunately, when they modified my seat it made it really rough because of less foam. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Happy rides!

I won't do more than a day ride without my Air Hawk. Excellent product. The key is to not over inflate it.

Try one of these. Fits perfect. $17 at Costco. I could get about 200 miles until my butt got too sore. My longest one day ride with that seat is 600 miles, no butt soreness afterwards. I can feel a breeze blowing across my butt while riding with that.

D59FB5DF-5A81-463A-A8B1-680300B30073.jpg

Zoom in close on the seat.
    CB50C491-82B9-482E-933A-66738FF38AA7.jpg
    Last edited by Broken Hand; 08-06-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    I won't do more than a day ride without my Air Hawk. Excellent product. The key is to not over inflate it.

I bought a bead rider cushion last year before a 7800 mile ride and I have come to really like it. According to the company literature the bead rider not only allows air flow around your butt but also distributes your weight better and reduces pressure points significantly. I never had any problem putting on the miles with the stock seat but the bead rider does make things more comfortable. I have no idea why it works but it does for me.

Good luck
    Az Wingrider

I use my old Harley Davidson Circulator pad. Works great and flow a lot of air.
    stevenolts

Air Hawk 👍

Steel Gel, made my Mustang seat functional.

+1 to BeadRider. 600,000 cabbies in New York City can't all be wrong. I have had mine for a few years now on the stock seat and love it.