What would you do?

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Wrecked my 2016 F6BD purchased new August, 2017, 4,500 miles. Best bike I have ever ridden. I got dinged up some with broken thumb, scrapes, much soreness but overall lucky. But, the bike repairs are appraised at $10,500. Blew me away since there is no mechanical or structural damage. Ins. company tells me they will 'total' it since the repair cost will be more than 75% of value (in TN). Do not know what 'value' they are using. Another representative will contact me to have that conversation. so....
    Any suggestions:
    how much settlement argument can owner have with Ins company?
    bike is still at dealership that did appraisal...do dealers buy damaged bikes as is or take as trade-in?
    know of third party interests that might purchase?

Just got the bike set up perfect for me w/ M*****d, Russel seat, Areo foot pegs, fork brace, luggage rack, heel shifter, etc.

What would you do OR what did you do in similar situation?

Thanks all. Thumb should heal in 4 +/- weeks to go.

when dealing with the companies for a repair the MARKET VALUE of the bike is used to compare value versus repair cost. the best way I use to find market vale is autotrader.com or biketrader.com. I enter the system and set it up for looking to purchase the veh, I enter all the details and condition of my veh, then I set the search close and expand till I get 10 to 15 vehs
    and take the top 5 and average the value, also if asked on the search private party sales no dealerships. that in the past has worked for me and my customers for insurance claims when totaling a veh. and its a bargaining deal if they decide to total your veh. if you used the previous search info you should have sale's of your veh and would know if they are offering a fair price to you and if not you can counter offer. if bike is totaled and damage not to bad you can ask to keep the bike and do repairs yourself at least here in ca you can

good luck

I let my insurance company total my bike. I had gap insurance also and used the money to purchase another bike. I could have brought the crashed one at a savaged price and piece it back together. But while the outside doesn’t seemed damage to you, you really don’t know how much damage is actually done. Are you willing to risk it? Good luck on whatever you decide. Sorry that your crashed your bike to begin with.

My totaled 2015 with 40,000 miles was valued at $12,700, plus sales tax. I ended up with $13,400.....there was no saving it.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Totaled my 2016 last year , no injuries thank God, my Insurance company settled with the finance company and I got the remainder. They also would pay for any additional accessories or allow me to remove them which I transferred to my current bike. In NJ if the Insurance company totals your bike and you elect to buy it back you are issued a "Salvage title" which makes it difficult to insure or retitle. My advice is to cut your losses and let them total it and start fresh.

I just had a fender bender in my 2004 Toyota Highlander car and the insurance co. counter offer would only pay for after market parts.
    That put it over a thousand dollars below the appraisals I got from local body shops.
    Good thing motorcycle body parts are dealer items.
    Last edited by tenxxx; 08-08-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I'd just find another one. Lot's out there.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Thanks guys. And as always, good collective wisdom.