DCT tour

Thread: DCT tour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DCT tour

What are people paying for the Tour model with DCT

Look over at the GL board, the 2018 is the favorite subject. https://gl1800riders.com/forums/

In Cederberg Wis the Honda dealer just got 20+ Goldwing's in and I think they have standard's starting at $19,999 plus setup is almost $1000. DCT is another 1000. I didn't price a Tour.
    https://t.e2ma.net/click/hcdr4c/hcdboh/puw8jh

Are these new bikes selling well??..I got the impression from some dealers around here in Michigan that they are not selling very many and are somewhat concerned..I suppose it depends on where one lives....I know I am not in the market and will most likely downsize when the time comes, as age is catching up with me...

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Are these new bikes selling well??..I got the impression from some dealers around here in Michigan that they are not selling very many and are somewhat concerned..I suppose it depends on where one lives....I know I am not in the market and will most likely downsize when the time comes, as age is catching up with me...
    I hear ya Opas Ride. Although my problem isn't about the weight of the "6" but more about the width. With stiffness and some pain in my hips I find it hard to throw my right leg across the rear of the seat and saddlebags. Once mounted up, I'm good to go. I have been seriously peeking at the Indian Scout.

Best way is put your foot on peg and step up.
    Don't stand on ground and throw leg over.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Best way is put your foot on peg and step up.
    Don't stand on ground and throw leg over.
    I do that sometimes(when I think of it). Thanks for the input Shortleg.

Maybe its just me but Im gun shy of these new models until they get some time on them. Aluminum sleeves in the engine and other changes. I wonder if it will effect the durability of the engine. Ive put some extras on my 2013 and Im thinking its still just fine for me. Im not a guy who buys new anyway I will wait for a good used one to come along at a discount price
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.