2018 Tour Front End Separation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Tour Front End Separation

I took a spill at 35 in a ditch. You don't get up, brush your self off and go home.
    And it didn't take a while for the pain to come. It was max the instant I hit the ground.
    I was laughing at my self cause I sounded like Chubaca!
    Ambulance rides are very expensive these days.

Heal well and climb back on
    ITS ALL GOOD

The kid admitted to the state police that he was going 75. I was going maybe 50-55.....good thing. I still don't know how I survived, no matter back to work after two weeks.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    I took a spill at 35 in a ditch. You don't get up, brush your self off and go home.
    And it didn't take a while for the pain to come. It was max the instant I hit the ground.
    I was laughing at my self cause I sounded like Chubaca!
    Ambulance rides are very expensive these days.

Heal well and climb back on
    Funny....I just got the bill...$2,847.00.
    $1,977.00 for the ambulance, 29 miles @ $30.00 per...$870.00 in mileage fees. I guarantee I get stuck with some of this. I did the first time. I retained a lawyer today, but you don't suck blood from a stone. I'll let you know in about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Funny....I just got the bill...$2,847.00.
    $1,977.00 for the ambulance, 29 miles @ $30.00 per...$870.00 in mileage fees. I guarantee I get stuck with some of this. I did the first time. I retained a lawyer today, but you don't suck blood from a stone. I'll let you know in about a year.
    Goodness gracious. I've always kept an eye on your posts because we got our bikes around the same time, and I find what you post interesting.

I am sorry to hear about this. Glad you are okay. Of course, words are cheap, but please know you are in my thoughts, for real.

After the physical healing comes the mental and emotional healing. It is hard to get past such an event, forget two. I still am paranoid from a car accident when a guy pulled in front of me while I was driving my car on just the other side of a knoll and I did not see him because I was blinded by the sun and a frosty windshield. Even now, 18 months later, I keep thinking if I take my eyes off the road for a millisecond there will be a car all of a sudden in front of me. I hit him going about 45 and he was going about 10-15.

Does Mass have PIP for motorcycle insurance? NY does and that would cover the ambulance ride and hospital stay, at least until liability gets determined. Do you have health insurance to pick up when your vehicle policy is exhausted?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Goodness gracious. I've always kept an eye on your posts because we got our bikes around the same time, and I find what you post interesting.

I am sorry to hear about this. Glad you are okay. Of course, words are cheap, but please know you are in my thoughts, for real.

After the physical healing comes the mental and emotional healing. It is hard to get past such an event, forget two. I still am paranoid from a car accident when a guy pulled in front of me while I was driving my car on just the other side of a knoll and I did not see him because I was blinded by the sun and a frosty windshield. Even now, 18 months later, I keep thinking if I take my eyes off the road for a millisecond there will be a car all of a sudden in front of me. I hit him going about 45 and he was going about 10-15.

Does Mass have PIP for motorcycle insurance? NY does and that would cover the ambulance ride and hospital stay, at least until liability gets determined. Do you have health insurance to pick up when your vehicle policy is exhausted?
    Thank you, and no, Mass doesn't have PIP for motorcycles. I had full coverage on my bike and yes, have health through work. Just going on past experience with medical bills. The first one and most likely, this one, although not confirmed, have the state minimum car insurance. Everyone I talk to tells me I should score on this one because of the magnitude. It just doesn't work that way. It's all about what they carry for insurance. This kid is young and from a poor section of New Bedford. Me and my lawyer both assume there's no extra coverage. I appreciate your kind words. I'll get through it, just not convinced biking is for me anymore.