From the seat of the F6B... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From the seat of the F6B...

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    A salesman once told me the right number of motorcycles to own is...

ONE MORE!
    Hell YA!!
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I wouldn't say "bother", BigAl, but I definitely have a watchful eye. I brought that up in a poorman's review I wrote about my test ride of one. Not only does it have aluminum cyclinder sleeves, but the DCT allows people with almost zero rider skill to hotrod the hell out of the engine. That combination has me curious as to whether or not longevity will be affected on a large enough scale to notice, but only time will tell. However, it is one sweet ride.

That being said, and along with you VStarRider, I too am a perpetual motorcycle shopper. I want to ride one of the new Yamaha's, even though I'm highly annoyed with the heat that comes off of Vtwins(I'm in San Antonio). But I absolutely love my B. Every time I ride it I just think, damn, what a motorcycle. And there are still plenty of mods I haven't done that are enticing to me. So I feel very lucky for the miles behind and the ones ahead.

Jason
    Maybe you dont Jason as I have no idea of your age but Chevy tried that aluminum trick with a Chevy Vega and we all know the rest of the story with that. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
    Maybe you dont Jason as I have no idea of your age but Chevy tried that aluminum trick with a Chevy Vega and we all know the rest of the story with that. Al
    Thank goodness engineering and metallurgy has come light years in just fifty years. Remember the turbos of the 80s? Had to skip a generation of car owners to clear out the que of horror stories, particularly from the Chrysler Corp. Now, many trouble free vehicles are powered by turbocharged engines for sake of efficiency.

I, too, will wait a few years till all the issues get addressed in the new GW...didn't it take Honda several years to address bent frames or something like that on the early GL1800s? It takes years and miles of consumer riding to fully vett a new design.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6