From the seat of the F6B...

Thread: From the seat of the F6B...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

From the seat of the F6B...

Some random musings:

1. I am a perpetual motorcycle shopper. I can't tell you the number of bikes I have researched as if I was going to buy one of them. I always come back to two: Star Venture and new Gold Wing with air bag and auto. Love the storage on the Yammi, linked brakes with ABS, the infotainment system, foot space. Don't like the air-cooled twin, engine heat and wide tank. Love the six on the GW, the handling, power, and the auto tranny and airbag as well. Do not like the lack of storage and the issues with the GPS.

I also have eyeballed a Triumph dual sport (road version...XRT) and a Yammi Super Tenere or Tracer 900.

Then, the same thing happens ... I go out for a ride on my seemingly outdated 2013 F6B with none of the above technology and few of the other attributes, yet it is simple and cheap to maintain, bulletproof reliable, smooth, quiet and handles like a dream. Plus, I have and will continue to add accessories.

It is great to not be in hurry to get my next bike.

2. I wonder which is safer - a bike with balanced handling that inspires confidence while riding, or one that has linked brakes, ABS, and other safety features. Does the capability of the bike/rider trump those safety features?

3. Miller Lite and PBR used to be fine with me. Now, only microbrew IPAs taste good.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 08-13-2018 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typo
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6