From the seat of the F6B...

Thread: From the seat of the F6B...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
    Does the changes to the engine in the new Wing bother anyone. I mentioned this already Im gun shy of the new one until theres some proof out there. Ive been burned before by buying first year model with as many changes as they have made.
    I wouldn't say "bother", BigAl, but I definitely have a watchful eye. I brought that up in a poorman's review I wrote about my test ride of one. Not only does it have aluminum cyclinder sleeves, but the DCT allows people with almost zero rider skill to hotrod the hell out of the engine. That combination has me curious as to whether or not longevity will be affected on a large enough scale to notice, but only time will tell. However, it is one sweet ride.

That being said, and along with you VStarRider, I too am a perpetual motorcycle shopper. I want to ride one of the new Yamaha's, even though I'm highly annoyed with the heat that comes off of Vtwins(I'm in San Antonio). But I absolutely love my B. Every time I ride it I just think, damn, what a motorcycle. And there are still plenty of mods I haven't done that are enticing to me. So I feel very lucky for the miles behind and the ones ahead.

Jason
    Last edited by Verismo; 08-13-2018 at 10:58 PM.