Looking for feedback about some accessories for my 2014 F6B

Thread: Looking for feedback about some accessories for my 2014 F6B

Question Looking for feedback about some accessories for my 2014 F6B

7 1/2 hours riding yesterday and there were a few ideas from what I saw installed on some other Wings.
    Time to get off the wallet and get a few goodies. Wanted to hear any feedback on these items:

-Rivco Aero Pegs or the Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts and some Flatfoot (TM) pegs

-Wingstuff Performance Belly pan or the Macgyver diamond plated. There are many speed bumps in my community and I want to protect my engine and if possible the forward part of the exhaust system. Heard a couple of scrapes at very low speed and it is really unsettling.

-Kaoko or Throttlemeister throttle lock. That long ride made me feel it would be nice to be able to take my hand off and flex the fingers every once in a while.

-Backrest for rider. Passenger is good to go with the Honda OE piece but I was finding myself slouching at the end of the day

-Kickstand pad enlarger. Rivco Black Anodized Sidestand Pad, any others?

-Upgrade from the Uclear HBC200 headsets to a more serious(expensive) unit. Looking at the Sena 30K or the Scala/Cardo Packtalk Bold/Slim.
    Primarily for talking to my passenger and a friend and his girlfriend whom we ride with frequently. Really like the idea of these mesh type units that riders can go out of range and come back in without pairing issues. Also ride with some GWRRA guys using Sena 10 and Sena 20 models. Wish Sena was waterproof as we play rain of shine. Exceptions made for hail.

Thanks in advance for the feedback
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Russell Day Long seat, Heili Bars & a good windshield (that fits you), are the best $$ you'll spend on your "B" There's loads of stuff out there, most is nice, some not as nice. Ask forum members, they'll help you out.

I only use the stock foot pegs when stopping and starting out. My feet go right to the pegs on the motor guards.
    I have them adjusted down as far as my feet will reach. Keeps my legs straight and takes the weight off my but.
    Hand wings are good, especially in cold weather. When their closed I feel heat from the radiator.
    Backoff tail light unit makes me feel safer. Extra tail/ running light on the bottom of the license plate lights things up good.
    The M..St.d windshield is the best money spent.
    Volt meter, gear indicator, handel bar risers, all good stuff.
    Givi trunk on the back is great and blocks the tail wind on my back.
    Hand grip pads help with the arthritis. Probly go with heated grips later this fall.
    Probly get an air Hawk too.
    I put a hitch on but don't know if I'll ever use it.
    12V power outlet in the left pocket.
    If your gonna add electronics, add a fuse block first, And pull a circuit up to the front with a little termination block on that too.
    Almost forgot, the plastic throttle hickie that goes around the right hand grip.
    I point it down so my thumb is on it. Works really good and helps with the old soar hands.
    Last edited by tenxxx; 08-14-2018 at 04:53 PM.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Aeropegs - I have them and I do like them. 1st they look .good and folded in they are stealthy. I sat on another F6B with a set that clamped on the crash bars and they felt good. I hate to say better than my Aeropegs...but I did like the feel. The flip side of that is they would also be more easy to drag in the corners I'm afraid.

Rider back rest - I am one of the minority that honestly felt comfy on the stock seat...but I still wanted a back rest. I bought the show chrome rest and I absolutely hate it. I just couldn't it to play nice for me. So I ended up with an Ultimate King with a rest. It works for me.

Belly pan - I bought the black one just to stay with black. The macgyver pan was my 2nd choice but color won. If I ever need to buy a new one I may go with the Mac pan.

Kickstand pad - never really needed it but I have a piece of nylon scrap that stays in the left cubby pocket just in case I encounter some soft ground

Throttle lock I can't help you with...mine is a 15 so I have cruise
    Same for the headset...I'm just using an eBay cheapo

Good luck with your spending spree. Lol. Hopefully you can do enough homework to only need to buy once
    2015 matte silver F6B

I had the KAOKO and was very happy with it, there's a little bit of a learning curve but works well.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

It's a must that I have a drivers backrest on my bikes. If you are keeping the stock seat, I would suggest the Utopia backrest. They are fairly easy to install after taking the seat off and they are comfortable and adjustable. About $200 shipped to you. I put one on my stock seat after I bought it last year and have had one on my Voyager 1700 and my 97 Honda Valkyrie. Great product and good price. I found a used Ultimate King with the backrests so sold the Utopia. I will say the Utopia backrest is more comfortable that the Ultimate one, but that stock seat just didn't work for me.

I also put the Throttlemesiter on and really enjoy it. I've had thumb breaks before and this is so much better and you do not see the addition of the throttle lock when looking at the handlebars. Mine works great, although a tedious installing it. I paid about $165 for mine. I miss my cruise control, but this is the next best thing.

Highway pegs, I always purchase the Kuryakyn ones. They aren't too expensive and have always worked and held up good.

I added a mad ---- windshield this year and absolutely love it. Wish I would have done that right after I bought it. Looks kind of funky at first, but then I think it looks cool once you get used to it.

You don't have to spend a fortune on products, don't get the most expensive stuff just because you think it is better. There are many products out there that are affordable and work just as good, and everyone has their own taste and style. One of the cheapest upgrades I made was the Kuryakyn drink holder and compartment that goes right in front of the drivers seat. I love having that there instead of the bulky carrier I had mounted.

-Rivco Aero Pegs or the Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts and some Flatfoot (TM) pegs. I LOVE THE STOCK PEGS AND DUE TO HOW HARD IT IS TO PUT YOUR FEET UP ON ANY HIGHWAY PEGS, I STAY MAINLY ON THE STOCK FOOT REST, BUT DO HAVE THESE ON TO STRETCH OUT ONCE IN A WHILE https://www.partsgiant.com/p327942-k...hoCShgQAvD_BwE

-Wingstuff Performance Belly pan or the Macgyver diamond plated. There are many speed bumps in my community and I want to protect my engine and if possible the forward part of the exhaust system. Heard a couple of scrapes at very low speed and it is really unsettling. SORRY, NEVER FELT THE NEED AROUND MY HOOD, NO BELLY PAN

-Kaoko or Throttlemeister throttle lock. That long ride made me feel it would be nice to be able to take my hand off and flex the fingers every once in a while. I LOVE MY OMNI CRUISE, 3 MINUTES TO INSTALL. I COUPLE THAT WITH A PLAIN OLE CRAMPBUSTER AND GOOD TO GO, TOTAL ABOUT 60 BUCKS

-Backrest for rider. Passenger is good to go with the Honda OE piece but I was finding myself slouching at the end of the day, I USE MY DUFFLE BAG ON LONG TRIPS.

-Kickstand pad enlarger. Rivco Black Anodized Sidestand Pad, any others?

-Upgrade from the Uclear HBC200 headsets to a more serious(expensive) unit. Looking at the Sena 30K or the Scala/Cardo Packtalk Bold/Slim.
    Primarily for talking to my passenger and a friend and his girlfriend whom we ride with frequently. Really like the idea of these mesh type units that riders can go out of range and come back in without pairing issues. Also ride with some GWRRA guys using Sena 10 and Sena 20 models. Wish Sena was waterproof as we play rain of shine. Exceptions made for hail. I AM A SENA FAN, GOT THE BASE SPH10H FOR OPEN FACE, CHUGGING ALONG FOR 3 YEARS, GREAT HEAD SET.
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Way to simplify stuff Keller123. I love the idea of just putting a bag behind me on a solo trip and can't beat the price of "I already have one"
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    Way to simplify stuff Keller123. I love the idea of just putting a bag behind me on a solo trip and can't beat the price of "I already have one"
    You're welcome and absolutely I've already got one! Beats any dollar amount! Enjoy that ride! It's the best thing on the road in my opinion.
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!