No low beams.

Thread: No low beams.

No low beams.

Was alerted by a Harley rider yesterday that I had no lights. Hi beams work, no lows, did a search and some one said it was for them a blown fuse, #25, another said it could be the low beam relay due to a bad starter switch ? Is fuse#25 under the seat ? Maybe both bulbs are burnt out, haven't checked that yet, but probably not. Thanks in advance for any help. Choptop
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Was alerted by a Harley rider yesterday that I had no lights. Hi beams work, no lows, did a search and some one said it was for them a blown fuse, #25, another said it could be the low beam relay due to a bad starter switch ? Is fuse#25 under the seat ? Maybe both bulbs are burnt out, haven't checked that yet, but probably not. Thanks in advance for any help. Choptop
    Had the same problem! After checking fuse and relay the culprit was both bulbs were bad!

Before you start taking everything apart, start with the easiest... with the 'kill selector' in the off mode, operate your starter switch several times.
    Now, start bike and check lights. If that works, spray a LOT of contact cleaner in every orifice of the starter switch.
    You may get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Had the same problem! After checking fuse and relay the culprit was both bulbs were bad!
    It is amazing on the GL1800 how many times this happens. One will go out and you don't know it and the other is usually not far behind.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Thanks guys !!
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    It is amazing on the GL1800 how many times this happens. One will go out and you don't know it and the other is usually not far behind.
    I've replaced low beams so many times, I've lost count! I buy a twin pack of Silver Star at Wally World and keep them in the left cubby! I transfer them from the original package to empty pill bottles, of which I have many! Wrap them in facial tissue to keep finger oil off the globe. It takes me all of five minutes to swap out a bulb. For what ever reason, my 6 eats bulbs like kids eat candy

I am not sure if that is "Amazing Production Quality Control" that both go out within minutes of each other, or if that is a real problem somewhere.
    Once I put LEDs in, there was no more of that nonsense.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I am not sure if that is "Amazing Production Quality Control" that both go out within minutes of each other, or if that is a real problem somewhere.
    Once I put LEDs in, there was no more of that nonsense.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Note that I did not say "within minutes." It can be hours or days because if you are riding alone you might not know one of them is out. I replaced lots of low-beams in my Wing (never replaced a high beam bulb). I also run LEDs in my F6B.
    Last edited by F6Bster; 08-21-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Noe that I did not say "within minutes." It can be hours or days because if you are riding alone you might not know one of them is out. I replaced lots of low-beams in my Wing (never replaced a high beam bulb). I also run LEDs in my F6B.
    And you did not say minutes - true.
    But there are many riders who have had theirs go out within less than an hour of operational minutes.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Chop you had any luck with the issue yet?