National Cycle VStream

Thread: National Cycle VStream

National Cycle VStream

Is anyone currently using the National Cycle VStream windshield. How do you like it? I had one on my FJR and liked it. Wanted some F6B opinions.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

I had the mid size Sport/Tour which was useless. Lots of buffeting at 5’11” with half helmet sitting on stock seat. Couldn’t comfortably ride past 45 mph. Plus the bends cause lots of distortion. Best shield I have found is the OEM accessory Tall Windscreen from Honda with the Vent. Fits and clarity are great. Virtually no buffeting at speed and the Vent helps as you can vent upward which pushes the buffeting wind up and over helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I had the mid size Sport/Tour which was useless. Lots of buffeting at 5’11” with half helmet sitting on stock seat. Couldn’t comfortably ride past 45 mph. Plus the bends cause lots of distortion. Best shield I have found is the OEM accessory Tall Windscreen from Honda with the Vent. Fits and clarity are great. Virtually no buffeting at speed and the Vent helps as you can vent upward which pushes the buffeting wind up and over helmet.
    Wow, you are probably the first person to praise the OEM shield.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

I think he is referring to the Goldwing OEM tall windshield not the F6B OEM windshield

I'm about that tall and use a Slipstreamer with a vent. It is 20" measured from the top of the vinyl body trim to the top of the shield. (You can adjust it up or down about 1.5" and I have it all the way up)
    Much better than the short Klockwerks that was on the bike when I bought it, but in retrospect like most guys I'd like another inch or two.
    Or maybe cut it down about 3" and stick a Laminar Lip on it. I loved the one on my old Honda... it moves the air way up and over and you look OVER it not thru it.

The Genuine Honda Accessory 16.5” Tall Windscreen with Vent is what I am referring to. The stock 7” Windscreen, accessory 8” tinted and National Sport Tour all seamed the same to me. Useless with half helmet. Must use a full face helmet with those.

I lucked out and found a 20 inch OEM which should be just right for me on the lowest setting. The bagger dark tinted shield is about 2 inches too short in my normal riding position. Thanks for the input.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

Sounds like the GW shield with slots to adjust up or down. The F6B shield measures 16.5” and has holes instead of adjustable slots that the GW shields has.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant77 View Post
    I lucked out and found a 20 inch OEM which should be just right for me on the lowest setting. The bagger dark tinted shield is about 2 inches too short in my normal riding position. Thanks for the input.