USB Jump drive music
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB Jump drive music

USB Jump drive music

To those of you Wing or F6B owners familiar with the audio system.

Is there a special Jump drive needed to play down loaded music via the usb connection in the left rear saddle bag?

I loaded a good bit of music from ITunes on a new jump drive and when I tried to play it, I got a "no songs" message.

Am I using the wrong type of Jump drive or file??

Thanks

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I may need to be corrected here, but you need a "music player" down there in the saddlebag, your jump drive is not a music player but a storage device for files. You will need an IPOD or similar device to listen to your tunes.

Flash Drive

I purchased several before i found one that work....this what i ended up with.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cruzer-fit-16gb-usb-flash-drive/3613746.p?id=1218444155822&skuId=3613746&st=categoryid$abcat0504010&cp=1&lp=5

Windows

Most of my songs were MP3 format and some windows media.......
    i just drag the folders listed by artist to the flash drive from my laptop.

Flash Drive - MP3 Format

I just got it figured out with some help..

I was trying to down load my Wife's I Tune play list with the wrong file format. They have to be a MP3 format.
    Once I got that converted, the music plays fine from a flash drive. I then downloaded about $ 20 bucks of new music from Amazon and loaded to the flash drive.

I ended up with about 30+ new tunes to listen too. Great sound quality as well.

Wife also bought me a nice quality PNY 16 gb flash drive, rated highly for music playback.

Now for some dry weather..

Thanks for the help,

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    I just got it figured out with some help..

I was trying to down load my Wife's I Tune play list with the wrong file format.
    You simply need to open Itunes to your music playlist/s, then drag the songs you want to a location of choice [the desktop, for example, or direct to your jump drive].

You do not need a particular brand of jump drive. I would however stay away from the "mini" style drives as they can be difficult to align when trying to insert the drive in either your desktop or cycle USB port.

Tip: I discovered that what you listen to at home or in your car may not be fully appreciated [through your external speakers] by those sitting next to you at a stop light.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    You simply need to open Itunes to your music playlist/s, then drag the songs you want to a location of choice [the desktop, for example, or direct to your jump drive].

You do not need a particular brand of jump drive. I would however stay away from the "mini" style drives as they can be difficult to align when trying to insert the drive in either your desktop or cycle USB port.

Tip: I discovered that what you listen to at home or in your car may not be fully appreciated [through your external speakers] by those sitting next to you at a stop light.
    Those sitting beside me at the stop light can roll up their window if they don't like what I'm listening to or better yet they can kiss it.................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post

Like "J" mentioned in the post before you, I'm pretty sure it's not quite as simple as opening iTunes and dragging the songs over to a flash drive. It's my understanding that songs in iTune have to first be converted to .mp3 format and that can be done right in iTunes. Then, you can drag them over.

In addition, it's my understanding that iPods work great in this application but ONLY CERTAIN iPODS. Somewhere, I saw a list of those models that would be compatible (maybe the owner's manual).

Mini

My mini usb plug into my cable and with a small amout of velco its mounted right back into the factory slot...and is out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Like "J" mentioned in the post before you, I'm pretty sure it's not quite as simple as opening iTunes and dragging the songs over to a flash drive. It's my understanding that songs in iTune have to first be converted to .mp3 format and that can be done right in iTunes. Then, you can drag them over.
    Well, it is that simple.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!