New Shoes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Proper Air pressure is definitely key. Tire composition (soft/hard) will also be a factor in handling and "normal" wear.
    +1 I love my Mezzlers however, if you do not watch the air pressure they will wear funny fairly quickly. Also double check you guage to ensure accuracy. I recently discovered that one of my tire pressure gauges was reading low causing me to overinflate my tires.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'll tell everyone again: Tire Pressure means everything to the life of the tire.

Yes, the throttle factor is a player, as is the "type" of riding.
    I'm no stranger to twisties or exhibitional acceleration.

But I've found that even 1 or 2 psi can make a difference.
    I've routinely gotten 16-18k miles on the OEM 'Stones and I got 22k on the Dunlop E4s.
    At 88k I'm only on my 5th tire set - and that latest change was due to a tire puncture. 'Stones only had 11k on them.
    I use the FOBO TPMS, and when I walk out to the bike, if the pressures are off from 40F/41R, I juice 'em up.
    I know not everyone has an air compressor, but if you save a set of tires, not to mention mounting fees, it pays for itself pretty quickly.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I will second this on the Stones. Got 11,600 from stock rear tire, not carefully monitoring tire pressure (checked it once a month or so). I am currently at 13,000+ on the replacement Stone, and still not quite even with the wear bars. I was much more attentive to tire pressure maintenance with this one.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6