saddle bag stuck closed

Thread: saddle bag stuck closed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've had both sides not open on different occasions. Both were caused by over-stuffing the space. If you overfilled the bag and you don't hear the lock mechanism click there is something pressing up against the plastic cover and bowing the rod from the two hooks holding the bag closed. In both cases I had to get the weight shifted inside the bag so that the mechanism would move properly. In one instance, I put my bike on it's side and lifted it back up (a couple of times) to get the jacket and case I stuffed in that side to move enough internally that it finally opened. The second time, I did the same thing but had to lay the bike on both sides several times before it finally let go...that one was a cooler and a blanket...I thought it would never budge.

I took the seat and cover over the rear last night / pulled the cable with vice grip to fully engage / pulled up and in while pulling the release / nothing is working. There are two latched the one in the rear release the front one is stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I took the seat and cover over the rear last night / pulled the cable with vice grip to fully engage / pulled up and in while pulling the release / nothing is working. There are two latched the one in the rear release the front one is stuck.
    Damn - sounds like you diddled it up good!
    Take it to your dealer - they'll probably charge you an hour of labor to get it open.
    If they have to do more than that to disinfsckulate it, you're probably looking at 5 hours of labor to pull everything apart back there.

Warranty? Doubtful. You already admitted to overstuffing it. They'll tell you the mechanism is/was fine - this is operator error.
    Best of luck,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I am going to call and schedule an appointment with the dealer. It should be covered with the warranty. Right it will probably be just like my ghost shift problems.
    I am now recommending against the warranty extension. Honda does not seem to want to honor the warranty for the ghost shift problem.
    stevenolts