Quote Originally Posted by fxolato View Post
Been studying the F6B and am getting closer to finding one. I am riding an ST1300 now, and a ST100 before that. Time to find something more comfortable two up as wife is retiring and has decided she wants to ride along....Any thoughts on the difference between a 2013 and a 2016?
Also been reading about this crank position sensor issue (Honda calls it a generator Pulse something) is that a common defect on the newer F6B's? Does the dealer cover this under warranty? I have read of a few 2013 and 2014 with the issue but not much on the newer ones. Anything else I need to look for or be aware of maintaince wise? Honda motorcycles seem to be pretty bullet proof for the most part. Thanks in advance
So Plus one on being one of the thousands with the ignition pulse generator issue. NON abs here so the quick fix method is on the table but just took top and lower cowl off and damn, there is a connector sleeve covering about 4 connectors and wouldnt you know it, I cannot see the small red one that i need to pull to replace. I have the replacement parts ready to go but wanted to get a good look at this wire situation to see if easy to get to...answer is NO. But would I let this be a reason to not buy an F6B...a big HELL NO!! This is the best bike i have ever had and my wife says the same. I have had this IPG issue for about 7 months and it has not wanted to crank about 4 times. Sporadic but sucks when it happens....leave her a day and she normally fires up...sometimes, fires up in 10 minutes...just never know. I want to either fix it or get it fixed...here is my You tube video just made. perfect timing on this recent post to get some votes on should i man up and cut a connector sleeve or take it to shop with tail between my legs?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV27NSfRiOk