Need some F6B Advice...

Thread: Need some F6B Advice...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I read there's a heat issue w/ some years of the ST's. Not so w/ the B. I too have a throttle lock, I rarely use it. I did like the power windshield on my FJR. It took a couple of tries to find a windshield I liked on my '13 B. I use the 15" "Wind Bender" (EZ manual "stop light" adjustable, or up grade to a power) from Fire Creek, they're great folks to deal with.. I prefer the gloss finish over the matte, different strokes, different folks. There's lots of fraklies to be had for the full wing & the B. Should be able to get a great buy if you shop around, ebay, cycle trader, craigslist, this forum, any brand MC dealer. I saw a new "0" miles on ebay a week or 2 ago. You wait until this fall / winter you can steal one...….. I took a test ride on a B in the fall of '16, came home & put my '16 Chief (w/ 600 miles) on the market & brought a great used (off this forum) '13 in 2 weeks, been smiling ever since...…. you'll love the B.

Yes the early ST's had a heat issue and the 2008 and later are better and after I installed a Corbin seat which fit much better around the gas tank area and a few other mods I have the heat issue pretty much under control.I really enjoy the ST but two up I think the F6B would be better. I think my hooligan days are over, just turned 60 and have spent the last ten years or so riding all of the crooked roads in Arkansas and NC now wife is retiring and has decided she wants more than the twice a year weekend trip. I have had my fun managed to remain upright all of those years and from what I see on You Tube the F6B corners pretty well. I think it will be a good choice. I am doing my homework now and you are correct Jan or Feb is a good time to really go shopping.

I have owned 2 VALKS, sold my 99 when I bought the B. While the chrome and black/orange paint was awesome on it there is NO comparison in the ride, not even for nostalgic sake. As for sound, if you like the Valk's sound Torque Loops will give you the fun you are looking for. Throaty around town and 911 Porsche sound when you wind it up. Best of both worlds, Just Sayin.

Might have to get a set of torque loops someday. I have done quite few modifications to mine already. Saving coinage for Traxxion upgrade. After riding the 18 Goldwing DC yesterday and then getting back on my 13
    I found that the suspension just was not as good. My Valkyrie has a full progressive upgrade that I added and to be honest it rides as well if not better than the stock 13 B. I am a larger rider, in the mold of Big Larry, and will upgrade to Traxxion when I get a chance.