Need some F6B Advice... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some F6B Advice...

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    While they are in there, they can change the air filter and reset the throttle cable so the adjustment on the handgrip has more range.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Hey Steve, do you mind explaining a bit what you mean by "more range"? Thanks!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Hey Steve, do you mind explaining a bit what you mean by "more range"? Thanks!

Jason
    Jason,
    As the throttle cable stretches, you "use up" the available threads at the handgrip throttle adjustment to tighten it up.
    The other end is on the throttle body and the tech can "zero out" the handgrip adjustment and take up all that slack at the throttle body.
    So you can keep using the same throttle cable and keep 'er taught with the handgrip adjustor.
    "Range" was NOT the correct word - sorry.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

The 2016 Deluxe model has heated grips, cruise control, self canceling turn signals, passenger backrest and a center stand. I really like all those features. I don't care much for the linked brakes on mine and I'm disappointed in the performance. It's not 20 years and 300 cc faster than my Valkyrie but it's OK and maybe a little faster. The passenger comfort is superb and rider comfort is nearly as good as my Valk's was. With a drivers backrest it would be even better. The saddlebags are very good and adding a show chrome rack really adds a lot of storage space.

In comparing my 97 Valk to the B what stands out to me is that even at 21 years old my Valk was faster than most cruisers. But since Honda didn't soup up the B at all, in 20 years it's performance will be embarrassing. But it is what it is.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

shooter
    Jason,
    As the throttle cable stretches, you "use up" the available threads at the handgrip throttle adjustment to tighten it up.
    The other end is on the throttle body and the tech can "zero out" the handgrip adjustment and take up all that slack at the throttle body.
    So you can keep using the same throttle cable and keep 'er taught with the handgrip adjustor.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Dang it!!! I thought there was another 1/2 inch I hadn't found yet!! I was twisting as hard as I could Steve!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    In comparing my 97 Valk to the B what stands out to me is that even at 21 years old my Valk was faster than most cruisers. But since Honda didn't soup up the B at all, in 20 years it's performance will be embarrassing. But it is what it is.
    I loved my Valk also...nothing looks or sounds like a Valk. But the handling on the B and all of the GL1800s is so much better in the twisties. That big tire on the front of the Valk could sure tire you down after a day of twisties!!!! But, nothing else out there like the original Valks!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Jason,
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Now I got ya! Thanks, Steve! I was kinda hoping the opposite. I find the throttle spring to be a little tight, if anything. (Minor complaint). However, I've gotten pretty accustomed to skipping gears on the upshift. Makes traffic acceleration much less jerky.

I do love the B. But like others who had an original Valk, I'm still impressed with what a machine that was. Besides the ergos being really comfortable to me (wide bars, slung-in feeling), there was something about those 6 carbs. Yes, it was a major concern if it was sitting for any length of time. But when you twisted the throttle, something about those carbs seemed to really breathe in the acceleration. It's difficult to describe, but something about fuel injection feels ever so slightly more.... disconnected?

However, no muss, no fuss, no worries is very hard to argue.

Jason

Lots of us kept our old Valks, I kept mine and ride it weekly just to keep the jealous down between it and the Red 13B! 6 cylinders, 6 carbs, Viking Exhaust, Dynatek ignition system, It was a machine that is still hard to replicate the riding experience to this day. The sound of it at full throttle is something amazing. Rode the new Goldwing dual clutch yesterday as the Corporate folks have set up a ride experience here in central Indiana. Was a nice experience to compare it to the 2013. Honda has got it right out of the box, and someday one will follow me home to be a stablemate to the other two timeless machines.

I have owned 2 VALKS, sold my 99 when I bought the B. While the chrome and black/orange paint was awesome on it there is NO comparison in the ride, not even for nostalgic sake. As for sound, if you like the Valk's sound Torque Loops will give you the fun you are looking for. Throaty around town and 911 Porsche sound when you wind it up. Best of both worlds, Just Sayin.

Might have to get a set of torque loops someday. I have done quite few modifications to mine already. Saving coinage for Traxxion upgrade. After riding the 18 Goldwing DC yesterday and then getting back on my 13
    I found that the suspension just was not as good. My Valkyrie has a full progressive upgrade that I added and to be honest it rides as well if not better than the stock 13 B. I am a larger rider, in the mold of Big Larry, and will upgrade to Traxxion when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by fxolato View Post
    Been studying the F6B and am getting closer to finding one. I am riding an ST1300 now, and a ST100 before that. Time to find something more comfortable two up as wife is retiring and has decided she wants to ride along....Any thoughts on the difference between a 2013 and a 2016?
    Also been reading about this crank position sensor issue (Honda calls it a generator Pulse something) is that a common defect on the newer F6B's? Does the dealer cover this under warranty? I have read of a few 2013 and 2014 with the issue but not much on the newer ones. Anything else I need to look for or be aware of maintaince wise? Honda motorcycles seem to be pretty bullet proof for the most part. Thanks in advance
    I realized after replying here that I was complicit in the hijacking of this thread. Sorry about that!

The price point is the obvious difference between the 13 and the 16, but when I was making the same decision around the time I bought my 16, I factored in what I considered having cruise, heated grips, center stand, self cancelling turn signals, and passenger back rest all factory, would do to resale value/demands. After hunting for and finding a very good deal, decided the difference would be negligible. Plus, I can't believe how much I like cruise and heated grips. Never had them and I use the hell out of both. I don't know anything about the pulse generator issue so no help there. Happy hunting!

Jason