Cold Stumble - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cold Stumble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumper View Post
    Steve,
    I believe also it is in the ECU...Fuel injection has a cold start circuit. That is controlled through the ECM of whatever vehicle it is.
    Cold start stumbles, typically are a result of misinformation being sent (sensor) to the ECM. Hence the ECM will produce a lean condition.

Sensors are hard to diag. as they have gremlins and we all know how hard they are to catch...

Has anyone had a code thrown due to the stumble??
    Interesting point! I'll check the manual and see if there is a code for that that perhaps the MIL doesn't light up for as the bike does continue to run.
    Thanks mate.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

No worries..think of it as the old choke on carbed engines. Does the same thing (or is designed) to allow a richer mixture during cold starts...

Quote Originally Posted by Pumper View Post
    Steve,
    I believe also it is in the ECU...Fuel injection has a cold start circuit. That is controlled through the ECM of whatever vehicle it is.
    Cold start stumbles, typically are a result of misinformation being sent (sensor) to the ECM. Hence the ECM will produce a lean condition.

Sensors are hard to diag. as they have gremlins and we all know how hard they are to catch...

Has anyone had a code thrown due to the stumble??
    There would be no code since the ECU thinks its doing what its supposed to.
    I read a lot about this before I got mine. It is programed that way, And Honda will do nothing under warrantee.
    There are even units designed to fool it into thinking its seeing a different air temp than what it actually is.
    But I guess they don't always work.
    Its the air temp to fuel ratio thats causing the stumble.
    The ECU is cutting the fuel mixture down before its warmed up enough.
    They have this all figured out when you get the reflash done.
    Getting my reflash done this fall.
    ITS ALL GOOD

shooter
    On a side note , you get that flash you better hang on in first and second. It ain't the same bike.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    On a side note , you get that flash you better hang on in first and second. It ain't the same bike.
    Wait what????

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Wait what????
    You'll know WHAT if you ever ride a Guhl flashed B. On a hard 1-2 change at about 6300 rpm I can get a little air under that front tire. And that Alpin leaves a nice black mark on the pavement.

On my 13 I learned to start the bike, zip the jacket, put the helmet on, put the gloves on and at under 40-45* plug in the heated gear. The bike was sufficient to ride with some care. My 14 doesn’t have the cold stumble but does have an high idle for a short time. Longer when bellow 45-50*. I know, it’s not really a fix. My 13 had not so nice sounds coming from the clutch/ transmission at any temperature bellow 50* until it reached operating temperature.

Stumble? guess I don't have one, 'cause I'm not sure what it is. I get a bit higher rev when I first start my bike, after a minute or 2 it's down to normal.

I have the stumble.
    I just let it warm up or give it a bit more gas/feather the clutch for a split second when I take off cold.
    Until someone mentions it,I do not notice it.
    As far as it being a filter or screen issue,I don't think it has anything to do with that.
    Here is why.
    There appears to be more Goldwings/F6Bs with the stumble than don't have it.
    Every one of them has different miles on them.
    I don't believe all of these bikes can have a filter/screen issue.
    On a side note...the stumble as it is called has never caused a concern for me.
    I just ride.

"It's short on fuel when cold"

That is a fact.