Cold Stumble - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cold Stumble

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    Quite possibly, but I'ma gonna spend about 2x that and get the dang fuel mapping fixed right & proper.
    Along with a few other minor things I don't want - like a speed limiter....
    Go go gadget Guhl!

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Changed the Denso plugs to the NGKs and the problem disappeared. Put fuel injector cleaner in with non ethanol fuel and the bike runs like a bat out of h3ll. It has never run better. I wouldn’t touch the Honda map. The unlimited R&D with years of experience racing on and off the track can not be beat. Why raise the limiter? Bikes power peak at 5500 rpms in top gear is 124 mph. Power peak starts to drop and there is only another 500 rpms before 6k redline which might give you another 10 mph. How often are you hitting the 124 mph?

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Quite possibly, but I'ma gonna spend about 2x that and get the dang fuel mapping fixed right & proper.
    Along with a few other minor things I don't want - like a speed limiter....
    Go go gadget Guhl!

Cheers,
    Steve
    I would've went with the remap also but Honda might get anal with the warranty.

I guess you could buy a spare ECU for warranty. So with ECU + re-flash your into it for quite a few hundred.
    Last edited by Zteve; 09-12-2018 at 12:29 PM.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    I would've went with the remap also but Honda might get anal with the warranty.
    This fuel pump replacement was the last thing done to SG under warranty. She’s 2013, but I got her brand new late summer of 2015. So they replaced the fuel pump and now no warranty. I think I got a new battery under warranty, but I can’t think of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Changed the Denso plugs to the NGKs and the problem disappeared. Put fuel injector cleaner in with non ethanol fuel and the bike runs like a bat out of h3ll. It has never run better. I wouldn’t touch the Honda map. The unlimited R&D with years of experience racing on and off the track can not be beat. Why raise the limiter? Bikes power peak at 5500 rpms in top gear is 124 mph. Power peak starts to drop and there is only another 500 rpms before 6k redline which might give you another 10 mph. How often are you hitting the 124 mph?
    Like button selected!
    Last edited by unsub; 09-10-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    The cold stumble is definitely not a pinging or knocking issue.
    If so, how?
    Too many questions....time for a Makers Mark.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    In which case you may want to revisit the answers in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    This fuel pump replacement was the last thing done to SG under warranty. She’s 2013, but I got her brand new late summer of 2015. So they replaced the fuel pump and now no warranty. I think I got a new battery under warranty, but I can’t think of anything else.
    This cleared something up for me. I had a question about warranty this late..
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Like button selected!
    I love your sig line!

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    The few times I have hit it? I needed a few more MPHs.....
    I'm running NGKs - no joy.
    Done the fuel injector cleaning, MMO, Sea Foam, STP, etc.
    Got a spare ECM (for warranty issues) - time to get 'er done!