Rash of motorcycle accidents here lately

Thread: Rash of motorcycle accidents here lately

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Recently had my first accident in 25+ years of riding. Topped hill in curve I had ridden many rimes before (rural TN road) and a truck was stopped waiting to turn left. I wasn't speeding...maybe 35, but had less than 30 yards to stop, hit the brakes and ditch and came away with broken thumb, various scrapes and bruises....and, totaled my '16 F6BD. Hitting truck rear would have been much more damaging. This was a true accident. No way to avoid. That's what worries me! While on the mend, another procedure on thumb next week, I wonder what my desire will be, when healed, to ride again. Extremely lucky but next time who knows. I really enjoy riding, nothing else compares. I'll add I am retired and in mid-60's. Pondering the future......time will tell if the itch returns.

Quote Originally Posted by seagravesg View Post
    Recently had my first accident in 25+ years of riding. Topped hill in curve I had ridden many rimes before (rural TN road) and a truck was stopped waiting to turn left. I wasn't speeding...maybe 35, but had less than 30 yards to stop, hit the brakes and ditch and came away with broken thumb, various scrapes and bruises....and, totaled my '16 F6BD. Hitting truck rear would have been much more damaging. This was a true accident. No way to avoid. That's what worries me! While on the mend, another procedure on thumb next week, I wonder what my desire will be, when healed, to ride again. Extremely lucky but next time who knows. I really enjoy riding, nothing else compares. I'll add I am retired and in mid-60's. Pondering the future......time will tell if the itch returns.
    Sometimes getting right back on a bike when your healed is the best therapy...I know it is a difficult time right now for you, but I hope all works out for the best whatever you decide...I am 78 and even though I don't ride as much as I used to, I still love getting out on the back roads and riding along, constantly looking to hopefully avoid any accidents...So far, so good....Regards