Home from Cortez — Let us know! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home from Cortez — Let us know!

I had planned on riding with a group Saturday and return home Sunday.

Thought maybe even stay overnight somewhere in between Sunday night and make an easy return home Monday.

Personal reasons caused me to leave earlier than expected.

Left Cortez 6:30 Sat. morning. Nine hundred and twenty-four miles later, arrived home (Frisco, TX). Got in at 11:45pm.

I was a whipped puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    I had planned on riding with a group Saturday and return home Sunday.

Thought maybe even stay overnight somewhere in between Sunday night and make an easy return home Monday.

Personal reasons caused me to leave earlier than expected.

Left Cortez 6:30 Sat. morning. Nine hundred and twenty-four miles later, arrived home (Frisco, TX). Got in at 11:45pm.

I was a whipped puppy.
    76 more miles and you could have paid $65 dollars and received your Iron Butt Certificate!

Glad you are home safely sir.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Made it home last night a little after 9pm. Rode to Amarillo the first day (Sunday) then rode to the Palo Duro Canyon before leaving for home Monday. Both days were 500 + miles in extremely hot and windy weather. Really enjoyed meeting everyone in Cortez and a special thanks to Rick (Value Accessories) and his team of organizers for a fun rally

Made it back to SoCal yesterday afternoon. Rode from Cortez to Phoenix on Sunday and the rest away yesterday. The GF and I had a great time and look forward to attending again in the future. Thank you Rick & Co!

Made it home to Ohio Monday evening. Mostly uneventful ride back home. Had some pretty decent crosswinds across Kansas.

Thanks to Rick and the others for organizing a great rally! It was my first and definitely not my last. I really enjoyed myself and meeting other members was a delight. Truly a great bunch of people we got here.

Thank You so much for taking time to show us some fantastic motorcycle roads and beautiful scenery your knowledge of the areas we visited added a great deal to the enjoyment of the ride. It was a great pleasure to meet you and all the other men and women that made the trip. Back Home in Nashville 4000 more miles on the bike and loved every minute of the ride Thanks F6Bster Luther Tony from Tenneesse

home 7:30 last night. Jeff and Don as well. Outstanding trip. Enjoyed meeting all

Made it home safe and sound Saturday evening. Thanks to all who participated in this Rally, for me it truly was an adventure. Rode Rte 66 from Joplin Mo to Adrian Tx.. Pulled into Cortez Wednesday after riding rte 12 on the east side and side trip into the Great Sand Dunes. That was just the start of many miles. We did on an average of about 400 miles every day while there, yes we came to ride. Sunday we left taking Million Dollar Highway and then into Aspen and across Independence Pass. We stayed in Colorado till Wednesday afternoon riding Pikes Peak, Mt Evans, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Peak to Peak. All in all I arrived home with just shy of 7000 miles.
    It was nice meeting everyone who attended, and getting tips from the local guys. I was looking forward to this trip and was thoroughly impressed with the great riding and spectacular views.
    Again, Thank you to everyone who participated to make this Rally a success. To Jim and Don, thanks for the great riding partners for this trip, it was a blast.
    Jeff

Hey zzh54, cool Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    Hey zzh54, cool Avatar!
    Thanks, Wife found it a few years back,,, To darn hot to wear though