Nose bra... need some info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nose bra... need some info

Nose bra... need some info

Hey guys,

SWMBO has approved an east-west trip! So.... I'm looking for fairing protection, I saw this..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Honda-F...-/231875699570

I thought 2012 onwards would fit, but when I enter the model it says it does not, can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Yes, But...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryster View Post
    Hey guys,

SWMBO has approved an east-west trip! So.... I'm looking for fairing protection, I saw this..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Honda-F...-/231875699570

I thought 2012 onwards would fit, but when I enter the model it says it does not, can anyone confirm?

Thanks
    Yes, it will fit, but with a slight modification. I'll look for some pictures I posted a while back and repost them.

How I Made it Fit

Here's a picture of the Goldwing 'Nose Mask' on my old F6B. It's a Honda OEM accessory and costs about $75.

The F6B lowers are a little shorter than the regular Wing. You could shorten the mask at the bottom attachment points, or do what I did. I found some nice wire ties at a computer store. They are like fat plastic pipe cleaners. I just wrapped them around the crash bars and attached the clips at the bottom of the mask to them. It isn't a perfect fit but pretty close. The rest of the mask fits perfectly.

Thanks so much! Good info. Right.. off to ebay!

That,s what I had mentioned to a few people in Cortez last week.
    I knew that you had shown us your solution before.
    I also found a solution using velcrow.

I have the OEM Goldwing Bra on my 2013. Just roll the bottom legs of the bra up and tuck under where they do not fit. All other sections fit perfect. Took a 7,000 mile trip that way with no issues. Mine is a 2014 Goldwing model year bra.100_9902.jpg
    Last edited by Felloverboard; 08-30-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Buy It Now

I checked 2 websites, and one showed 'low stock' for both versions (2001-10 and 2012-17) of the Honda 'Nose Mask'. The F6B uses the later version. If anyone is thinking about getting one, now might be a good time. I say this because these are Honda accessories, and Honda often stops making such things soon after a model is discontinued.

Ended up getting up from the US, $156 delivered. Tried to support local but at $237.....

They don't keep them in Australia, land of sharp edged blue metal gravel & road trains. It's stupid how I can get Honda OE parts quicker from the US, than Melbourne on the other side of the country.

There, rant over. Now for a bike cover......

Quote Originally Posted by Bryster View Post
    Ended up getting up from the US, $156 delivered. Tried to support local but at $237.....

They don't keep them in Australia, land of sharp edged blue metal gravel & road trains. It's stupid how I can get Honda OE parts quicker from the US, than Melbourne on the other side of the country.

There, rant over. Now for a bike cover......
    Glad you got it. You won't regret it. It's a quality product that works very well.

I bought mine from the dealer when I bought my bike for $100.... that was the standard price, not a deal because I bought a bike from them.